• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Flushing Yamaha Jet Boat

giff

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Flushing Yamaha SX190, Anyone ever connect a light duty pressure washer to a Yamaha flush port to give the engine a stronger flushing?

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You’d be better off installing tow/flush valves. Too much pressure and you run the risk of blowing gaskets.

giff

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Understood and thanks. I actually bought a valve to install to close off the seawater intake line because I flush while floating in my slip. I just ended up clamping off the rubber intake hose as I had no room to install the valve.

WREKS

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@giff I would not pressurize the cooling system in any way. The cylinders and water passageways are very close to one another. I think it is possible to force cooling water into the cylinders. Even tow valves increase the pressure on the cooling system. Looking at a head gasket will show how close the water passageways are to the cylinders.