• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Fogging Oil Question - 10 seconds enough?

Daren and Heather

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Is it okay to only spray fogging oil for 10 seconds in the intake to winterize? So long story but I’m in Minnesota, we get negative temps in winter, and I’m winterizing my AR210 which will be shrink wrapped and stored OUTSIDE this winter. We just got a warmup, but my sprinkler lines are already blown out.

So I only ran the engines 10 or 15 seconds, while spraying bursts of fogging oil through the intake, because I didn’t want to overheat the engines.

Do you guys think this is enough to fog the engines??? Should I be worried and redo it?

Also, afterwards I removed the spark plugs sprayed 2 seconds into each plug hole, removed the lanyard and then turned the engines over for another 2 seconds before reinstalling the plugs.

My only other option I thought of would be to buy lots of antifreeze, a pump, and pump it through the engines while I fog them longer... but I’d rather not if what I already did was sufficient.

Thanks for the help!!

mwalker4

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You are definitely good. Fogging oil is not a cold temp freezing thing is a long-term storage thing. Many would claim it isn't necessary for 6-7 months storage in a modern engine. As for antifreeze there are many opinions. The manufacturer says it isn't required, many people think its good cheap and insurance and provides some corrosion protection. There are many threads talking about this in great detail. I would search and read them and make your own decision. If you choose to use antifreeze you will need to fog again if you think fogging is required.

It only takes one freeze to ruin an engine, so the need for freeze protection is the same for outdoor vehicles from Georgia to Minnesota.