• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Foggy gages

Nate Fallow

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I, like many, have the foggy gage situation happening when the boat is out in the sun on the water. I just walked in the garage to do some things to the boat and noticed that the gages are clear as a bell. I was curious if anyone has suggestions as to what I should do...I know some people recommend to drill holes in the back of the gages but is there a specific spot I should be aiming for? or does anyone have a pic of theirs that they did? Thanks in advance for any help!

Eddie Lopez

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I noticed my gauges just became foggy on my last outing, is this something common??

NewBoater

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I had it, dealer replaced entire dash now it’s doing it again. Think I’m just gonna live with it.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have heard of turning on the lights to make the gauge warm up and possibly clear out. I see it once in a while, and it usually clears itself pretty quickly after using the lights.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
It happens. For the 19’ boats it is usually the same gauge with the LCD readout and M/T buttons. My theory is because those buttons allow just enough of a temp difference versus the other sealed gauge with no buttons on it since the other gauge never fogs up for me. Turning on lights creates enough heat to equalize the humidity and temp difference. Not really ideal I know but it is what it is.

Last edited:

Kenjo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It happens. For the 19’ boats it is usually the same gauge with the LCD readout and M/T buttons my theory because of those bottoms allow just enough of a temp different versus the other sealed gauge with no buttons on it. Turning on lights creates enoug heat to equalize the humidity and temp difference. Not really ideal I know but it is what it is.
This is good to know! Glad I'm not the only one this is happening to. :)

Nate Fallow

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Yes! I've heard of this too but I was hoping that I could find something a bit more permanent than the turning the lights on strategy. Especially heading into winter I don't want to have that water sitting in the bottom of the gauges corroding the contacts all off season long. But if that is the best course of action I'd do it. What about maybe taking a blow dryer to the gages...dumb idea??

I have heard of turning on the lights to make the gauge warm up and possibly clear out. I see it once in a while, and it usually clears itself pretty quickly after using the lights.

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
I have learned to just live with it in my 2010 LS. Annoying but not enough to make me do anything about it!