• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Folding Bimini Top

906Tony

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So I’m having trouble folding Up my Bimini top into its boot. when I bought my boat from the previous owner I asked how the top gets stored away and he said he never did it before so I figured how hard can it be, I’ll figure it out. To this day I still can’t get it in the bag. The problem I have is it seems like the forward edge bar won’t allow the fabric to fold into the “U” shape of the bag. Just want to see if anyone has any suggestions on what I’m not doing right. My boat is a ‘17 AR 240. 20D3E9CB-5008-4E51-AF82-CBC996980F53.jpeg

I have a ‘16 with a Bimini like that. First, you have to make sure the metal rods are out of the pockets they fit in at the end of the curves. Then all that extra material will slide up occupying most of the flat bar, and those curved metal end pieces just stick out. Then, it’s also helpful if you can tie or Velcro the Bimini material around the poles, so that you can put the cover on easier and zip it. Don’t know if that explains it well or not, but hopefully might help….

I have a ‘16 with a Bimini like that. First, you have to make sure the metal rods are out of the pockets they fit in at the end of the curves. Then all that extra material will slide up occupying most of the flat bar, and those curved metal end pieces just stick out. Then, it’s also helpful if you can tie or Velcro the Bimini material around the poles, so that you can put the cover on easier and zip it. Don’t know if that explains it well or not, but hopefully might help….
I appreciate it! I'll give it a try

Make up a velcro strap to hold it together when its on the tower. You need five hands to put boot on without something holding the 2 cross bars together.
I made a long velcro strap that i can put around the whole assembly. Then putting boot on is simple

I wish the cover was about a foot longer. I always have a side and isn't completely covered.

Thanks for the tips guys, I ended up getting it in there after allowing the curved bar stick through the ends like @BRosen said. Kind of a pain overall though, I think I might just keep it in my truck when not using, like I've been doing.

For the 2011 I need to unzip where the bimini wraps around the tower. Then shove everything into the bag, while zipping around the cover. After doing it about 5 times I think I have it down. Then use the black straps to hold the cover to the tower. Went 65 down the freeway without any issue.

IMG_0355.PNG

Back