• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

For Those of you with GoPro.

McTafur

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So I'm going to be purchasing a GoPro Hero 3+ Black edition in a few days. Considering my use will be similar to most other users of this site, I was hoping to get some input on necessary equipment/accessories. Thanks a bunch in advance.

Not that you asked... but looking back I am glad I didn't spend the extra on the black edition. It does have a few higher quality settings but honestly, I could not tell the difference of a higher setting in the types of recording I do. It also comes with a remote. If I had a remote I can not tell you one time I would have actually used the remote. Just a thought, some of the saving could be spent on the accessories.

Get a Floatie back cover. Get a wrist strap of some sort. I bought a lot of additional stick mounts, both curved and flat (i tend to stick them everywhere for different shots). The wassabi battery pack (two batteries and a wall charger). Extra rubber stabilizer mounts (the little white rubber thingy that comes with the camera, they will rip). A GOOD memory card. Do not buy cheap ones.

Thats what I have started with. There is a lot more that I want. I will let those that have additional accessories chime in on what they like.

http://www.amazon.com/Wasabi-Power-AHDBT-201-AHDBT-301-AHDBT-302/dp/B00AAIPT76

Recommended from another jet boat member I purchased the 32G version of this card. NO complaints.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...veASIN=B00D6XTMFC&linkCode=as2&tag=jetboat-20

Here is a great site to buy SOME things. I would not buy a suction cup mount from them as that is an integral part in me getting my camera back. I don't want that to fail! The sticky mounts from this site use 3m tape and look identical. They work great. Plan on it taking a couple weeks to get in as it comes from China.

http://www.dx.com/s/gopro

Dang it @McTafur after you brought up the subject here are the other things that I just had to have RIGHT NOW! $40 shipped.

HGYBEST Camera Protective Bag for GoPro HD Hero3+ / HERO3 / HERO2 - Black

JUSTONE J016 Safety Buckle Tethers for DV / SupTig / GoPro Hero 2 / 3 / 3+ - Black + Red (2 PCS)

Handheld Aluminum Alloy Monopod w/ Tripod Mount Adapter for GoPro HD Hero 2 / 3 / 3+

Camera Fixed Headband for GoPro Hero2 / Hero3 / 3+ - Black

Last edited:
I am the same as giddyupjoe. I got the white edition and it records great. Also with the wifi app for your phone, the remote is useless if you install it to control your gopro.

The suction cup is also handy.

I have the black with the remote. I use a phone app and never the remote. Cam.

image.jpg
So I'm going to be purchasing a GoPro Hero 3+ Black edition in a few days. Considering my use will be similar to most other users of this site, I was hoping to get some input on necessary equipment/accessories. Thanks a bunch in advance.

I have the black and love it. But as @GiddYupJoe says it's not worth the extra money for the remote. I use the iPhone app a ton. For example. I have a chest mount the kids wear when tubing. The iPhone app allows me to turn it on and off from the boat and I can see what the camera see's for the perfect setup. (all three versions have wifi)

My favorite is the goPro stick. I use this for jut about everything I shoot non boat. A good case to store and organize is good to have as well. I have the pelican 1600.

Suction cup mount is awesome as well.

Last edited:
I'm with the guys that say pass on the black edition, I have one as well as a white version both 3+s but recommend that anyone getting a to pro purchase the silver version instead. The accessories are really dependent on what you plan to record but in addition to various poles and mounts we have the head strap and chesty harness. One "accessory" that I buy with every gopro now is an extended / repair / replacement warranty (mine are through best buy). If I break it or it stops working all I have to do is bring it back for a straight exchange or credit.

Any opinions on the LCD Touch Backpac? Worth it? I thought I read that there isn't a case available that allows underwater use with the LCD. I'll have to look into that.

Nope just use the go pro app on the phone again. It allows video playback so that makes the screen useless as well.

The were some other selling points for me on the black and one was the glass lens. The white and silver have plastic lenses. I know it should always be in the case... But if you scratch the lens...

I use an iPhone instead of the ads on LCD screen but I think the LCD screen comes with an extended rear case cover, I know the "naked" camera frame comes in two thicknesses, one of which accommodates the LCD screen.

Back