• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Forget about living on the water, I’ve had an epiphany!

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Our buyer is paying cash/not taking out a loan and declared the entire purchase price to the brokers and agents involved. It’s all above board, Uncle Sam and his cousin in California will get their full cuts. We caught a break earlier this week in that we got our sellers to drop the purchase price by $25k to cover the cost of recommended repairs so that’s a $25k reduction in the taxable basis.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
A few pics of the soon to be / new to me home. Well mostly the storage areas for my boat and Waverunners. Soon I will be able to store them all in line with their trialers’ and tow vehicles attached behind the fence if I want.
4532338D-37EA-4B79-A96E-C6DF43C966BE.png848AF64D-91D5-4151-8BF2-F6D984C423CF.jpeg491F078E-373A-49DD-89F4-D0BAB6E4844A.jpeg6F557682-BDD6-4875-8921-DDE7009E26B7.jpeg272AE1C4-1255-472D-AEF6-0A073FCF3693.jpeg14244C0B-EAE4-41E7-8568-668887863761.jpeg

Brad_Ct

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That is a interesting ordinance that you can leave trailers on your property but they have to be attached to a tow vehicle.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
That is a interesting ordinance that you can leave trailers on your property but they have to be attached to a tow vehicle.
No such ordinance here. I don’t know if I will store both rigs like that but was just stating that soon I will have the option to. I can store the boat and Waverunners on the side of my current home but just barely, I have inches to spare on either side of the boat and can’t move either any further back because the house of fence is blocking the way.

in the near future I shouldn’t have to use the front hitch at all and the openings on both ends of the storage area are at least two feet wider, I feel like I could back the space shuttle into the spot.

I won’t miss this at all.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Congrats on the new house Ronnie. Never realized it before, but Discovery Bay looks like a flooded plain. Interesting.

Brad_Ct

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Ok, I misunderstood what you were saying.

TimW451

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I like that the “storage” driveway aligns with the cross street. Will make that in and out so much easier.

I also like how the neighbor across the street, to the left, hardscaped almost the entire front yard.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I got some biter sweet news from the harbor master at discovery bay marina yesterday.

First they cannot store my boat in their dry stack unless the tower is folded (basically My boat won’t be in the dry stack because it’s tower does not easily fold, yamaha didn’t add that feature until 2013 or 2014).

Second, the smallest wet slip / berth is 30’ long and 14’ wide (uncovered usually become available first), which means per the harbor master, I can Store my Waverunners along side the boat or use them to create an arrow head at the front of the u shaped dock so that they can be stored there.

finally, of the sustained winds are 25 to 30 mph, they do not launch boats out of the dry stack (due to the risk that the boat may fall off the forklift or that the boat and forklift may fall over in the wind).

financially renting a wet slip even an uncovered one is the best decision I can make. At $300 per month currently, the annual cost is $3,600. Over 10 years that’s $36k. I plan to install a jet dock for the boat and have jet docks for both Waverunners available and assume the total cost would be $15k or so. All in for 10 years is $51k. To get a house on the water would have cost another $100k at a minimum and some private docks were in need of repair. For context the cost to sink one new pile is several thousand dollars, the cost for someone to pull submersed weeds under or near the dock is $1k per year. Given the above, I’d be willing to prepay several Years, especially if doing so would lock the monthly fee to what is is now.