• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Fresh Water Wash/Shower

sastocky

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am planning a fresh water wash / shower system. I may add a manual diverter valve to allow the use of a raw water inlet as well.

I would like to have some Photos of your Fill and Vent Ports as well as the hose connection. I am doing this on an ‘21 AR250 so the closer the model of boat to an AR250 the better.

I already have a plan on what I am doing but would like other ideas. Why reinvent the wheel…

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I went this route with the portable shower then built my own second one for about $40.00. One stays on the boat gets filled with hot water the other runs on a drill battery and use it to rinse the salt off the trailer and rinse the entire boat, squeegee and wipe dry . This prevents the salt water from drying and leaving salt deposits all over the hull. We use both every outing and its easy to dump the old water and refill with fresh water, the piezo alarm rings when the switch is on because it easy to leave the pump running. Its very rare to run out of water 4.7 gallons works great

Copy of 20180917_161254_1537217116196_resized.jpg

Fill it with hot water using a 5 gallon bucket from a hot water spigot

20180917_161435_1537217114026_resized.jpg

VitaminSea

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I went this route with the portable shower then built my own second one for about $40.00. One stays on the boat gets filled with hot water the other runs on a drill battery and use it to rinse the salt off the trailer and rinse the entire boat, squeegee and wipe dry . This prevents the salt water from drying and leaving salt deposits all over the hull. We use both every outing and its easy to dump the old water and refill with fresh water, the piezo alarm rings when the switch is on because it easy to leave the pump running. Its very rare to run out of water 4.7 gallons works great

View attachment 222866

Fill it with hot water using a 5 gallon bucket from a hot water spigot

View attachment 222867
I installed a big kahuna as well, great little portable unit! I have an older 210, keep the reservoir underneath the starboard side bench and installed a sprayer head on the swim deck. Only downside is the longer the run, and there is a loss of pressure, but still functional to rinse off the sand/salt. I like the pizzo alarm, and might look to add that to my install in the off season.

1719928334920.jpeg

For the OP, from what I have seen the full value on the OEM install is under the clean out hatch, and the tank is on the starboard side of the engine compartment.