• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Fuel Caddy

Hellacool

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Any recommendations on fueling at the dock?

LeeFlan7

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
A beach cart, 2 5 gallon tanks and a portable battery operated pump...for when the fuel dock is closed

mraz72

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I have a 14 gallon tank very similar llmmct's link, the only downside of mine is the gas can has to be higher than filler hole on the boat.

it would be nice to have the gas can pump with an electric pump (instead of gravity) probably costs $200+ for that.

Chip F.

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
VP race jugs and a utility cart. With fuel dock gas at $4/gal and pump gas around the corner from me at $2/gal. 20 gallons saves me $40 and waiting in line.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I use 5 gallon jugs in my harbor freight aluminum tray when I have time. I can carry 2 at a time confortably, and I can fit 8 on the basket. The fact that I use the basket keeps fumes and leaks outside the car.

Whatever your method I highly recommend keeping the fuel outside of the car if you can. fuel drops stink a bit. For transfer I use a jiggler on a larger diameter hose. It's a pain to haul fuel ,but for $1-$2 a gallon I don't have a better way to save 30-$60 in 15 minutes while working on boat stuff.(time at the pump doesn't count, you were going to wait there, whether in the boat, or in the car)

cozilla

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

Russ C

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I went through the whole research thing, tried other people wheeled fuel caddie, here is what I ended up doing. The jiggle siphon is the best invention ever by the way.

I was going to purchase VP-racing jugs. Here is how I did it for about $100 cheaper.

Here is how I did 30 gal for $110.
I also purchased this 1 inch jiggle siphon for my wife so she doesn't have to lift fuel cans for $20, this thing is great but make sure you get the 1 inch for boats it will do 5 gallons very quickly.

Ilmmct

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Russ C nice approach ... question will the 1" jiggle siphon move the gas up 5' (height of the gas walker and distance to reach gas fill on my boat)?

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Gravity feeding with a siphon does not care about total height...it's all about the difference in height between where the liquid is, and where it's going. You need to layout the hose such that it turns quickly from its current level down. You can have a barrel 6ft tall. just get the hose in the barrel, and set the hose to turn towards the down direction as soon as possible after it comes out of the barrel. The bottom of your barrel (conatiner/fuel carrying container/whatever you are using) needs to be placed higher than the other end of the hose that will be inserted on the boat to deliver the fuel.

It's pretty cool how it works. if you are no familiar with the principle you can check out https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siphon

There is a possibility I misunderstood your comment and this is not relevant. if so, I apologize.