• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Full throttle issue

Stlbob11

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
2010 Yamaha 212x, when Im at a stand still, full throttle it blows out the impeller clean out plugs. This was during a test ride on the boat we might buy, owner said the plugs were just rebuilt and you have to ease the throttles up on a jet boat. So, I'm new to jet boats, is that true?

No. Just no.

Either the plugs were rebuilt incorrectly or they are not installed correctly. You should be able to 'floor it' with no ill effects.

Ask for a big price drop.

Thanks, that's what I thought, I mean how you supposed to get a pair of skiers up. Owned many a prop boat, but thought this time I'd go with a jet model.

Lots of plusses to a jet (I am biased). But that is not right on that boat. Probably a relatively easy fix (it is certainly the plugs--not much else it could be). But something you could leverage into a lower price pretty easily.

My jetboat: when I floor it, it stands up and throws people back. That is how jet boats are and one of the benefits. Very easy to get a skier up, etc.

So, go tell them its broke, but you will still take it for a discount.... :)

Agree with @tdonoughue. I can floor my 212X no problem. Either the seller knows little about jets or he’s lying. If the latter, check the boat carefully because who knows what else he’s lying about.

This will eliminate the know problem of blowing out the plugs. But I would also check and make sure they were rebuilt correctly.

Is this a salt water boat?

Back