• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Gantlin ballast bag

OBXjetboater

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252XE
Boat Length
Anyone receive their Gantlin transom bag for 25 foot yamahas yet? Any ideas when they will ship?

jcyamahariders wife

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Anyone receive their Gantlin transom bag for 25 foot yamahas yet? Any ideas when they will ship?
Hi sorry for the delay. I was getting ready to email everyone that pre-ordered the 25ft bags. Fatsac was experiencing a material shortage and couldn't make ballast bags for almost a month. We just received our tracking # today that our next test bag was shipped. Once that bag is tested and we are pleased with the results we can place everyone's orders on our list. I will send you an email here shortly and you can let me know if you have any other questions.

Wicked92

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Hi sorry for the delay. I was getting ready to email everyone that pre-ordered the 25ft bags. Fatsac was experiencing a material shortage and couldn't make ballast bags for almost a month. We just received our tracking # today that our next test bag was shipped. Once that bag is tested and we are pleased with the results we can place everyone's orders on our list. I will send you an email here shortly and you can let me know if you have any other questions.
Awesome...im looking forward to putting that extra weight on my 255xd. are you guys considering a wake wedge for the 255 series? I wonder with the built in wake boost will it enhance the wave any?

jcyamahariders wife

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Awesome...im looking forward to putting that extra weight on my 255xd. are you guys considering a wake wedge for the 255 series? I wonder with the built in wake boost will it enhance the wave any?
Looking forward to see everyone start to use them ! Every 25ft bag will also include the Gantlin Products logo on it so I am very excited to see that happen. It will be the first co-branded ballast bag from FATSAC.

Klover

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
If I put a $25 deposit on the bag now, will I still get the order shipped out with the first batch sent out? or do you have an approx time frame if pre-ordered now when I'd receive one? I was really hoping we wouldn't need to add an extra ballast, but most everyone says it's the ticket to make the surf wave better/bigger. TIA

jcyamahariders wife

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
If I put a $25 deposit on the bag now, will I still get the order shipped out with the first batch sent out? or do you have an approx time frame if pre-ordered now when I'd receive one? I was really hoping we wouldn't need to add an extra ballast, but most everyone says it's the ticket to make the surf wave better/bigger. TIA
You will be in the pre-order group. I plan on ordering extra since these are not in production yet. If the testing turns out good then hopefully we will be placing the order by next week. I am going to leave the pre-order up till that point.

With the looks of the videos I have seen extra ballast will be needed which is unfortunate for what you just paid. But really for some people it won't be an issue if they are beginner or looking for super simple surfing. It's once you cross over from learning stage or if you are already an experienced surfer. Those will be the people looking for options to make the best wave possible. I know someone that is using a 24ft transom bag on his 255XD. He thinks it needs more weight so he will be testing this next bag for us hopefully this weekend. I think it will have better results because he couldn't fully fill the 24ft bag up because it doesn't fit the transom.

Wicked92

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Looking forward to see everyone start to use them ! Every 25ft bag will also include the Gantlin Products logo on it so I am very excited to see that happen. It will be the first co-branded ballast bag from FATSAC.
is a wake wedge in the works for the 255 xe xd series with built in wake booster?

RiverRat

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Also, Made in Milwaukee, I should just pick em up for you and Jerry so I have an excuse to come down and hang out again!

OBXjetboater

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252XE
Boat Length
Does the wake wedge work with the wake booster or is it one or the other?

jcyamahariders wife

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
is a wake wedge in the works for the 255 xe xd series with built in wake booster?
Does the wake wedge work with the wake booster or is it one or the other?
Jerry is planning on making one for a 25 and 27 ft boats. It's just finding time to get that all done while keeping up with all his orders. If Jerry stays with his traditional design you will not be able to use it at the same time the booster is deployed.

jcyamahariders wife

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Also, Made in Milwaukee, I should just pick em up for you and Jerry so I have an excuse to come down and hang out again!
Heck yeah I am sure Colleen won't mind you running off doing a delivery a few times this summer 😂

I am sure we will be making a trip to Milwakukee this fall or winter. So you guys definitely need to join us !

Wicked92

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Jerry is planning on making one for a 25 and 27 ft boats. It's just finding time to get that all done while keeping up with all his orders. If Jerry stays with his traditional design you will not be able to use it at the same time the booster is deployed.
i think some testing should be done with a modified version to see if it enhances....hint hint....ill test all you want.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
The Yamaha Wake booster would just get in the way of what the Wake Wedge will do. I need a regular 25ft boat as a Guinea pig. I am open to all offers and I would have covered insulated storage for the boat.