• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Gantlin Wake Wedge

trent

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Hi all, I am looking to buy a universal Wake Wedge by Gantlin Products but looking to save a little on the $1000 (shipping to Canada is a killer) cost of a brand new one, would also be interested in one of the custom transom ballast bags. Boat is a 2013 Yamaha 212x
Thanks

I'm looking to do the same thing. Did you ever have any luck?

I tried for a while, he had a used one for 850 but it sold super quick, I eventually broke down and just bought one

Nothing here.
Worth the $$$?

Hasn’t been delivered yet, I also decided to pick up the custom transom bag, will let you know as soon as they come in and I am able to try them out

Took the boat to a lake this weekend to test it out, the video attached is me surfing with wedge installed, custom bag on back (750 lbs I think) full factory ballast on port and starboard (350 each side) and a 850 sumo in the bow of the boat (not in ski locker) as well as wedge installed. Worked well, still need to do more testing on different placements of ballast but I was easily able to surf rope less (I am aprx 155 lbs) Only complaint is the wedge is a bit hard to install on the water although it can be done, also steering is much worse as I now have no fins, I am looking at jet boat pilots wake fins to replace the wedge and bring back my steering and the convenience of not having to take it on and off and adjust it to switch sides. (Edit it won’t let me upload anything) send me your email and I can send a video.

Took the boat to a lake this weekend to test it out, the video attached is me surfing with wedge installed, custom bag on back (750 lbs I think) full factory ballast on port and starboard (350 each side) and a 850 sumo in the bow of the boat (not in ski locker) as well as wedge installed. Worked well, still need to do more testing on different placements of ballast but I was easily able to surf rope less (I am aprx 155 lbs) Only complaint is the wedge is a bit hard to install on the water although it can be done, also steering is much worse as I now have no fins, I am looking at jet boat pilots wake fins to replace the wedge and bring back my steering and the convenience of not having to take it on and off and adjust it to switch sides. (Edit it won’t let me upload anything) send me your email and I can send a video.
Why don't you just buy cobra fins and be done with it. You will have the best of both worlds and save yourself money.

Videos have to go to a video sharing site, like YouTube, first. Then post the link here.

Have you run the wedge without all the ballast? Just curious what that would do to clean up wake.

Has anyone else bought the Gantlin wedge for 2005 Sx? The transom seems higher than newer models, so if I was wondering if wedge will do enough to clean it up with out adding a whole bunch of ballest. I not worried if we need to hold onto rope just trying to clean up the wake.

If you are not going to add 1500 lbs of ballast minimum do not buy the wedge. It will do nothing for you. There is not a boat out there that can surf with no ballast. The true surf boats carry 4000+ pounds of ballast and they also out weight our jet boats by a couple of thousand pounds.

If you are not going to add 1500 lbs of ballast minimum do not buy the wedge. It will do nothing for you. There is not a boat out there that can surf with no ballast. The true surf boats carry 4000+ pounds of ballast and they also out weight our jet boats by a couple of thousand pounds.

True this. Took me 2000lbs of ballast in my 21' boat to have a really nice wave - and it's not even close to what a 7k pound Air Nautique with 4k lbs of built in ballast is going to do...

I was looking at the transom bag and wedge.. better for me to forgo the wedge for now and add what other ballast bag?

Will the Gatlin Wedge work with my boat and my TV XL fins? I was looking on the website and there was a comment on the product page about 212X's and TL XL fins and there being issues.

Couple of things. To me, so much weight in the bow is wasted. You can put the wedge on before you launch. Just put it in the up position and then down when surfing

Will the Gatlin Wedge work with my boat and my TV XL fins? I was looking on the website and there was a comment on the product page about 212X's and TL XL fins and there being issues.
Your boat is fine.....it is for the 2012 and newer 21ft series

I was looking at the transom bag and wedge.. better for me to forgo the wedge for now and add what other ballast bag?
another 750 lb bag

I made my own, combination of the crappy Canadian dollar and the cost of getting it across the border was too much for me. Plus I like a challenge.
A5525FCF-0D4E-4BE0-B3C0-DB7DCC341731.jpeg90804341-7A65-44ED-B985-A651EEEE412E.jpeg

I’m assuming once the new 250’s come out you will be making a bag, correct?

Back