• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Garmin Striker install ?

Bob S

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
First of all I'm new to this forum. So far what I have read is very interesting. I'm sure this has been posted but has anyone installed a Garmin Striker 4 or similar GPS unit on a 2015 Yamaha SX210. I'm really looking for the GPS more then the fish finder side. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Moving to a new lake and not interested in getting lost.

Drift Away

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
First of all I'm new to this forum. So far what I have read is very interesting. I'm sure this has been posted but has anyone installed a Garmin Striker 4 or similar GPS unit on a 2015 Yamaha SX210. I'm really looking for the GPS more then the fish finder side. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Moving to a new lake and not interested in getting lost.
Welcome aboard. I have a Garmin DV44 on my SX240. Used a ram mount from amazon to mount it out of the way and had the shop mount the transducer to the ride plate.20170211_145033.jpg 20170304_125310.jpg 20170304_125320.jpg

Bob S

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thank you. How did you wire the unit. I hear some wire it to the battery others tap into the radio wire.

Av8tor07

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I'm also following this thread closely. I just ordered a garmin 53dv. I also bought it mostly for the gps and not the fish finder, but I'll attach the transducer if there's minimal drilling involved.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Does the depth finder / fish finder work well with the transducer mounted in that location?

Drift Away

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Does the depth finder / fish finder work well with the transducer mounted in that location?
Not sure ill find out today. Its been to cold here to take it out.

Bob S

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Installed the Garmin Echomap 42 ( no transducer ). Not a lot of flat places to install the mount. So it went in front of the speedometer. With the twin engine tack it seems I pay more attention to them then the actual speed the of the boat. I can see the speedometer if I remove the unit. I really wanted the GPS in case I get lost on a new lake. With the seat bolster up I can see the dash fine.

Attachments

Bob S

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yes this spot has worked well for me. Like I said I use the tachometer for the twin engine more then the speedometer.

Nauti-Nurse

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Has anyone used this or a similar product to attach their transducer to the transom? I've never been much of a fan of drilling into the transom.

IMG_0670.JPG