• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Gel coat repair cost?

AJACHIM

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey guys had some work done in the boat and I have a penny sized chip in the fiberglass near the port side locker right in the walkway. Just curious but what’s a repair cost for something like that to get it looking good . Thanks

Do it yourself! Buy Spectrum gel coat patch from iBoats.com, about $35. Get a wet sandpaper pack from Amazon (I went from 200 grit to 1500 grit) and some rubbing compound. My 'before' pic is below, I don't have the 'after' pic, I have to get an after pic. You wouldn't be able to spot this now. Plenty of write-ups on the site.

Do it yourself! Buy Spectrum gel coat patch from iBoats.com, about $35. Get a wet sandpaper pack from Amazon (I went from 200 grit to 1500 grit) and some rubbing compound. My 'before' pic is below, I don't have the 'after' pic, I have to get an after pic. You wouldn't be able to spot this now. Plenty of write-ups on the site.
View attachment 91943
I'm trying to find a list of materials to buy for the job. Any input on what you used would be awesome :)

does it
does it matter that that those are not for 2018 Yamaha? the gel coat paste

I see two versions of white but not sure which one would be a match

Best to call spectrum to confirm the color but I think it's the foxtrot white. Not 100% sure on it so call to confirm.

The guides I've seen from Spectrum (purchased through iBoats) call for the white "WC5" for most newer Yammies - for everything on deck and top hull cap.

This is what you would order:
7F4C7013-217D-46DA-8C3E-B356D8744285.png

I ordered F557018K (SKU IB00251488) for my 2018 SX240, perfect match.

I see two versions of white but not sure which one would be a match

Hey guys had some work done in the boat and I have a penny sized chip in the fiberglass near the port side locker right in the walkway. Just curious but what’s a repair cost for something like that to get it looking good . Thanks

Did you end up doing this job yourself and was it as easy as they said it would be?

Watching, as I have a 3/8 inch ding under starboard bow seat. I've asked dealer for quote to repair.

Following as we have a nickel sized chip on the port side bow seat.

Back