• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Gel coat repair?

Mfpaul

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Looking for opinions and advice on a small hull repair. Is this “chip” repairable with a Spectrum gel coat repair patch paste or similar product, or does it require another solution? I am less concerned about looks and more wanting to ensure it’s just watertight. Thanks

Attachments

• 01B1E3C5-4953-481B-92EB-B4E4DE5D3C2E.jpeg
    01B1E3C5-4953-481B-92EB-B4E4DE5D3C2E.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 79
Looks like the glass is still intact, since it’s below the water line and close to the intake grate it would be worth having a professional fix, in my opinion. Gonna be hard to get it to look semi-great doing it yourself but if you wanna save money you certainly can. Just need to make sure you put some sort of sealant on the glass first then put the spectrum gel coat repair over it!

What happened there? Very interesting spot to have damage!

Looks like the glass is still intact, since it’s below the water line and close to the intake grate it would be worth having a professional fix, in my opinion. Gonna be hard to get it to look semi-great doing it yourself but if you wanna save money you certainly can. Just need to make sure you put some sort of sealant on the glass first then put the spectrum gel coat repair over it!

What happened there? Very interesting spot to have damage!
Thank you for the help. I am a new owner just from the fall, so I don’t know how the damage happened. I am the third owner, but second owner only ran it one season and decided boating wasn’t for them. I was hoping that little spot wasn’t a major deal, but I know it needs to be sealed up. It won’t ever be a show boat, but I am trying to give it a little makeover and have fun doing it, too. I think the first owner used it as a fishing boat. It’s strong suite was its mechanical care, but it definitely was hurting cosmetically, etc.

If you want to do it yourself there’s plenty of threads on here for gel coat repair! Good luck!

Back