• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Glastron gts 187 overheating

Fitter0104

Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
A question from the new guy. I had my screen come on last week saying engine overheat. I immediately shut down and grabbed a tow to shore. Noticed not a drop of coolant in tank. The overflow spilled everything to bottom of boat. I filled and everything seemed good next day. Why did it do this. I was tubing

tomfoolery

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GT
Boat Length
I have not seen this problem on my 187.
However check the antifreeze cap for tightness.
Trace lines and just ensure all clamps are tight.
Inspect the fill bottle - see if any cracks around the neck.
Lastly check fittings going into engine and coolers.
It will be something goofy.
Depending on # of hours could indicate if its a slow drip or you had a mad flood.
Hope that helps.

Fitter0104

Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
Thanks. Not familiar with jet motors always had an outboard. I did check clamps and hoses. I had very large people on boat and pulling 2 adult tubers. Think it just was working too hard. Runs fine now but was very odd to do that. Only 30 hours. Thanks for help. Do you tube off of yours because mine throws water in their face entire time.

tomfoolery

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GT
Boat Length

tomfoolery

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GT
Boat Length
Was out today. 197 degrees constant.

Fitter0104

Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
What type of oil do you use. I asked someone and the said foreland but did give me weight number. Thanks

tomfoolery

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GT
Boat Length
Brp oil from dealer. They do oil changes for me.

Flint

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
Are you sure it said engine overheat and not exhaust overheat? My 187 exhaust will overheat when I get the boat out of the water a lot, like spinning around and jumping it out of the water. The pump can't suck up enough water to cool the exhaust down. The first couple times it happen I thought it said engine, but it was exhaust overheat.

Theiss914

Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
Are you sure it said engine overheat and not exhaust overheat? My 187 exhaust will overheat when I get the boat out of the water a lot, like spinning around and jumping it out of the water. The pump can't suck up enough water to cool the exhaust down. The first couple times it happen I thought it said engine, but it was exhaust overheat.
Question guys....
Is there an exhaust overheat indicator? Just purchased a 2014 New Glastron GTS 187 (sat in a dealer's showroom in Melbourne for 2 years) and took it out Sunday and got to 6 hours on the motor with no complications. Took it out today and after a 30-45 minute river run we cooled off in the springs and when we got back on boat it would not start. Opened engine compartment and the exhaust was discolored due to excessive heat, tried for 20/30 minutes to start it, would crank but no spark I think. Some helpful guys came over and helped tow me. While towing, we tried to crank it again and it started. No engine warning lights, but it was smoking and I could tell it was running hot, so shut it down. Pulled hose on top of exhaust and no water came out. I've had a couple issues already with the dealership and not looking to drag their name through the mud but I don't think they are qualified to work on the BRP motor but when I called BRP they said I had to take it to the Glastron dealer and I couldn't take it to a Sea Doo mechanic. Help, what can I do??

JetTech72

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Yes there is an exhaust sensor on top of aluminum muffler.
Muffler would normally run around 150F when sufficient water from exhaust cooling is going through it.
Over heat alarm is set @ 230F.
Check to see if you have any kink or clog in your exhaust cooling system.
With boat on trailer, connect hose to the flush port (tube section in pump area) & start engine.
Water should be coming back from exhaust outlet & inlet section located in pump.

Exhaust overheat should not be causing re-starting issue, unless a rubber exhaust hose had collapsed internally, which is very uncommon.