• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Glastron gts207

Mikedel77

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
Hello everyone, just stumbled on this site and about to pull the trigger on buying a 2014 glastron gts207. Think I'm getting agreat deal on it but not much info out there. I'm still bouncing from dealer to dealer, comparing the glastron and the Yamaha ar192 fully loaded... I'm at $33k plus taxes for the Yamaha ar192 and $34k plus taxes for the gts207 both have wake board tower. Gts has upgraded stereo with sub and remote. Built in fire extinguisher. Xl package a wakeboard with boots and holder.. I will keep in touch and post many pics!

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Welcome Aboard! I look forward to hearing how you like the GTS207.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Glad to have you on board,

update your location on your profile page so we know where your at, we're all waiting to see how the Glastrons will work out,

jonw9

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
Let me know if you have any specific questions.

I am not/wasn't aware of the built in fire extinguisher, that must be an add on.

jonw9

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
I just like that people are starting to find the group. I was searching for Glaston and GTS207 stuff since February, and I don't think I found this site until last month.

Mikedel77

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
Thanks for the welcoming support. I have yet put the ink on paper .lol. So my delemma, 2014 glastron gts 207, 22ft 250hp fully loaded. Details. They want 3500. Down doing the 180 month finance (yeah I know lol) plan to send extra payments) and my payments are at $286. A month . On the other hand 2014 Yamaha AR192 19ft 220hp? Nicely equipped, $ no money down 180 months $298. A month.. So the money I don't put down gives me about a years worth off payments...any suggestions? I live in new York, so Hudson river and few lakes will be my waters. Also have beach house on jersey shore so some salt water were and there. Seasons are not the longest so. Been a jet skier since 16yrs old, kawasaki x2 and Yamaha super jet.. 37 yrs old now time to share the fun..all thoughts and comments are more then welcome, as for best bang for buck boat vs boat... I'm not bias tolds one or the other . Seems glastron is more boat!!

jonw9

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
I haven't spent much time inside a Yamaha to know how roomy it is. I went with the 207 for a similar reason, that is is more boat for similar money.

As for financing/payments, I really don't see much of a difference between $286 and $298. My payment is in that range, and I also put $0 down.

Having some experience with Yamaha skis might make you more familiar with their engines and maintenance. The Glastron has a closed cooling system for the engine, which I would prefer for the salt water (but still open cooling on exhaust so you would still need/want to flush). A little additional maintenance there too with the supercharger rebuild (200 hours I believe).

Then you have the clean out ports. Most Yamaha owners seem to feel that this is a highly important feature. Never having one, I cannot comment that way, but I have not needed one in the past. I run typically inland lakes. Maybe the Hudson and ocean makes this a bigger issue?

If I had to throw out an opinion, and the others cam chime in, I think bang for the buck would be the Glastron. However, I would be willing to concede that the Yamaha would be a slightly "Nicer" boat. You would trade some size for some fit/finish and creature comforts. And not to add to the confusion, you might want to look into the Scarab, and I am sure @ScarabMike would agree. This would be a cross between the Rotax power and the nicer "quality" (for lack of a better term) of the Yamaha.

No matter what you choose, I am confident in saying that you really can't go wrong whichever direction that you go. If you put your location in your profile, maybe there are some Yamaha owners in your area...

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I haven't spent much time inside a Yamaha to know how roomy it is. I went with the 207 for a similar reason, that is is more boat for similar money.

As for financing/payments, I really don't see much of a difference between $286 and $298. My payment is in that range, and I also put $0 down.

Having some experience with Yamaha skis might make you more familiar with their engines and maintenance. The Glastron has a closed cooling system for the engine, which I would prefer for the salt water (but still open cooling on exhaust so you would still need/want to flush). A little additional maintenance there too with the supercharger rebuild (200 hours I believe).

Then you have the clean out ports. Most Yamaha owners seem to feel that this is a highly important feature. Never having one, I cannot comment that way, but I have not needed one in the past. I run typically inland lakes. Maybe the Hudson and ocean makes this a bigger issue?

If I had to throw out an opinion, and the others cam chime in, I think bang for the buck would be the Glastron. However, I would be willing to concede that the Yamaha would be a slightly "Nicer" boat. You would trade some size for some fit/finish and creature comforts. And not to add to the confusion, you might want to look into the Scarab, and I am sure @ScarabMike would agree. This would be a cross between the Rotax power and the nicer "quality" (for lack of a better term) of the Yamaha.

No matter what you choose, I am confident in saying that you really can't go wrong whichever direction that you go. If you put your location in your profile, maybe there are some Yamaha owners in your area...
I couldn't have said it better. You might also like to check out the Chaparral Vortex boats. They are slightly cheaper than the Scarab, but have the backing of a leading company in the industry.

jonw9

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
^ I forgot about Chaparral. I really like the look of the stuff, and may very well have gone that direction if they were available in the time I was shopping. I wanted now, and all they could offer me was a wait-list for "later in the summer" and that wasn't very reassuring.

Mikedel77

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
Update!! Seems like I will be picking up a 2014 Yamaha ar192. No money down, upgraded to galvanized trailer and full cover. Dealer did not charge for dealer prep or any bs along the lines. Also gave me my first 10hr service for free. $289. A month. Would have been $283. If I did not upgrade the trailer. Lol. Any must have for these boats? He gave me a Yamaha catalog to pick some stuff out and throw into the finance.. I plan on for some tower speakers, wake board holder and 2 wake boards. One for me and one smaller for my 11yr son and company..

RiverRat

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
My bad, missed that you got a cover. Congrats anyway! I have no regrets with mine. Except that I can't be out on it 7 days a week.

Cliffmorris

Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
just bought myself a brand new 2014 Glastron GTS207. We are in Ontario on the Severn river between sparrow lake and swift rapids lock. Super excited for delivery. Is there any thing I should be watching for and checking when receiving delivery.

genwrx

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
just bought myself a brand new 2014 Glastron GTS207. We are in Ontario on the Severn river between sparrow lake and swift rapids lock. Super excited for delivery. Is there any thing I should be watching for and checking when receiving delivery.
Awesome, welcome to the club! I can't think of too much, mine seemed to be all in order, fluids topped off etc. what options did you get? I got my trailer upgraded to a tandom axle and added the subwoofer/transom remote option which they installed later, the sub makes a huge difference :)

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I definitely like the look of the glastrons. A little more mature than the Scarabs but far from bland!
I believe it was a glastron that had a slight hook on one boat towards the rear that caused it to drive a little off center. Just be sure to test drive before you buy and there will be no issue!

Cliffmorris

Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
Awesome, welcome to the club! I can't think of too much, mine seemed to be all in order, fluids topped off etc. what options did you get? I got my trailer upgraded to a tandom axle and added the subwoofer/transom remote option which they installed later, the sub makes a huge difference :)
Nice picture,,,,,, I ahve The XL package I think they call it with the transom remote and upgraded system.......cant wait

genwrx

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
by the way , I just found out the other night the boat has some additional lighting along the sides, i think they look pretty good. pictures may not be that great but have a look.
IMG_20160415_214853.jpg IMG_20160415_214838.jpg