• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Glen Lake MI?

penziol

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Anyone been to Glen Lake, MI? I just found out about this lake and it looks really cool. The water color is like something you'd find down south. The dunes near by look like a lot of fun too. Let me know if you have any info on staying at the lake.

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Glen Lake area is beautiful. Nearby Sleeping Bear Dunes is a great day trip. Leelanau County is gorgeous with a lot of fun to be had visiting wineries, Lake Michigan harbor villages - including the fishing village of Leland. I have never dropped a boat in Glen Lake but have wanted to driving by. Look into it further for ramp access - I don't know anything about that on Glen. The larger side of the lake looks plenty deep enough. Hopefully someone local will chime in. Let us know what you find out.

TS4811

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Michigan is blessed with many beautiful lakes, especially in the northern part of the state and Glen Lake sit at the top of the list. In the heart of the Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore, it is well worth the trip. Small resort towns and water so clean you feel you cold drink right out of the lake.
now for the reality the water can be cold, the weather can be unpredictable and lodging can be tricky to find.
did I mention world class sunsets, that happens at around 9:30pm this time of year.
while you are in the area, consider Crystal Lake, Lake Leelanau, Grand Traverse Bay, Elk Lake and Torch Lake. The Michigan Inland Waterway is also a great trip boating through rivers and lakes from Cheboygan to Conway on Crooked Lake just east of Petoskey. Remember water is cold and days are long, enjoy visiting Michigan!

JohnB

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Have been there before and enjoyed a great day of boating. There's little glen lake (and the ramp we launched at) that leads into Glen Lake. Beautiful water, feels like you can almost drive right up to the dunes. We were there mid-August. Could easily see down 10+ feet. A little choppy is you're looking for glass smooth water is the only thing I'd say negative about it.