• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

glove box lock 2015 242ls

35tsc

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Can anyone give me the key code so i can get a replacement made. maybe its a standard southco number. I just purchased the boat and the glove box is locked.
Thanks

Have a 16 and had the same problem when I bought the boat. Tried to order from dealership and waited 3 months and they finally got back with me and said they couldn't get one. When to a few locksmiths and tried that, that didn't work. Also, all the keys are the same, just got to the dealership and look at the one with the vessel. I finally found the extra taped inside the box on the top, so I didn't have to replace. Good luck.

Does the key have a number on it?

Can anyone give me the key code so i can get a replacement made. maybe its a standard southco number. I just purchased the boat and the glove box is locked.
Thanks
Not sure if you have the same box as my 2019 AR240 or not... If you do it is the same key fits all.... Code onKey is H257... spend days going to a locksmith and they could not match the blank.... I called Southco and they gave me the wrong key number CH751 which is for the larger lock mechanism... if yours is the same they gave me the distributor CLANCEY 800 747 7405 gave them the H257 and they had the key... They were nice enough to say they would send them to me..... Hopes this helps...checked the yamaha parts list and your boat is listed with the same part number for the lock... Part # F3F-U1782-00-00

thank you
Glad I was able to help.... The board has helped me quite a bit and I was happy that I was able to contribute some help to someone.... Where you located? I am in Georgia

I am in Iowa - i just happen to have a set of H257 keys that I will try this weekend when I get to the boat.
Thanks

I am in Iowa - i just happen to have a set of H257 keys that I will try this weekend when I get to the boat.
Thanks
Let me know how you make out... IF the keys worked.... Maybe you will find a surprise in the Glove Box..?

Still no luck opening the glove box -
Anyone have a number on their key for a 2015 242 LS glove box?

I have a 2015 242LS and don't have a key for the glove box. Would like to get a key, so any help on how to get a key would be appreciated! Thanks!

Back