• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Go Pro Accessories !?

chess

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I purchased a go pro from my buddy a hero blck 3 edition...

He gave me a few add ons, but I want to purchase the water proof housing, and possible a case to carry it around in.

Does anyone have the best suggestion ? I looked on Ebay and alot of knock off junk ones from China and I want to avoid that route.

Thanks,

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
I have been using knock off Chinese junk for two seasons now. No issues whatsoever. Disclaimer. I am not jumping out of airplanes with Chinese mounts or attaching them to my care at 100mph! That may make a difference.

chess

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have been using knock off Chinese junk for two seasons now. No issues whatsoever. Disclaimer. I am not jumping out of airplanes with Chinese mounts or attaching them to my care at 100mph! That may make a difference.
LOL that made me chuckle ;) I saw I can get the "Go Pro" brand water proof housing for about $15 on Ebay... I may just do that and be done with it..

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
I just purchased more stuff from this place... It takes a few weeks to come in but worth the price.

http://www.dx.com/s/Gopro

KXCam22

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Mine came with a waterproof housing. Don't they all? cam.

chess

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Mine came with a waterproof housing. Don't they all? cam.
I am pretty sure Mine didnt... hell I dont know LOL... I didnt buy retail LOL I bought it from a buddy, its tons of extra....

I can post a few photos and maybe someone can tell...

How do you get the metal rod out ? anyone have experience :D

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
I am pretty sure Mine didnt... hell I dont know LOL... I didnt buy retail LOL I bought it from a buddy, its tons of extra....

I can post a few photos and maybe someone can tell...

How do you get the metal rod out ? anyone have experience :D
I have a little eyeglass screwdriver in my go pro bag. Just use that to push the pin out.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Metal rod out? I assume you are referring to the hinge pin on the plastic door to the protective case (if the door is solid and has a seal on it, you have the water proof case). If so, you don't need to remove the pin just position the door so that you can remove the door and pin from the case together (there is an opening in the hinge on the case).

chess

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Metal rod out? I assume you are referring to the hinge pin on the plastic door to the protective case (if the door is solid and has a seal on it, you have the water proof case). If so, you don't need to remove the pin just position the door so that you can remove the door and pin from the case together (there is an opening in the hinge on the case).
Yes tomato tomato lol yes hinge pin correct.

I have another backing that will seal but I didn't want to jack it all up and have to buy a new one. Wasn't sure if there was a tool or not.

The one that's on there has the middle cut out I have another door with rod that I want to put on there to do a water test.

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
As @Ronnie mentioned, the doors are interchangeable and they just snap in and out. It will feel like you are going to break it but you won't.

chess

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
As @Ronnie mentioned, the doors are interchangeable and they just snap in and out. It will feel like you are going to break it but you won't.
I just need to get an eye glass screwdriver to pop that little rod out on the hinge and do my water test then :)

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just need to get an eye glass screwdriver to pop that little rod out on the hinge and do my water test then :)
You should be able to just "pop" it out by pulling hard on the back cover. It is a little stressful the first time you do it, but then you figure out that it won't break.

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If you have Amazon Prime, this looks like a great starter kit at a good price. They aren't true GoPro products, and I haven't personally bought it, but it has decent reviews. http://amzn.com/B00R49NAPC

chess

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
U sure about it popping out lol I don't think it pops out or maybe I'm just a pu*^}^^|

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
U sure about it popping out lol I don't think it pops out or maybe I'm just a pu*^}^^|
I'm sure. It isn't for the faint of heart.

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Here's an older video, but still the same principal. The video should start where he is taking off the back door.

EDIT: I don't know why it won't let me post the video starting at the point I selected, but skip to 50 seconds to see him take it off.

chess

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Here's an older video, but still the same principal. The video should start where he is taking off the back door.

EDIT: I don't know why it won't let me post the video starting at the point I selected, but skip to 50 seconds to see him take it off.

Worked like a charm...you the man

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA