• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

GoPro Hero Session

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We were browsing through Walmart earlier and saw that the Go-Pro Hero Session is now only $149.99

The kid has been wanting one to snap onto his snorkel.... is this thing worth it? How waterproof are they?
Looked like the next level up (Hero 5 Session) is double the price. I have zero experience with Go Pro --

What are yalls thoughts on these products?

nate kennedy

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I have been looking these too... is there any other differences? The session doesn't have playback on it correct? Thanks!!

Av8tor07

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
The session is only good up to 10 feet deep I believe.

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
How dependable are they for being submerged?

The kid (and I) would only be snorkeling in about 5ft of water.

Av8tor07

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
How dependable are they for being submerged?

The kid (and I) would only be snorkeling in about 5ft of water.
Very. Sound won't be good but picture is HD. I have had mine in lazy rivers with a good amount of man made waves.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Bennie get it I have several older gopro's and I had decided this year I was going to get the new 5 to upgrade mt 3+ silver but ran across the session deal for a $149 a few weeks back and picked one up to check it out with every intent of still getting a 5 as well. I used it to record the Cooper River gathering this year video is below. I do not do any kind of professional edits all very simple stuff and to be honest I was impressed enough with it that I'm going to buy another one instead of getting a 5 to replace my 3+ silver. Only quirk was the camera powers on and off on its own between shots so takes a few seconds to power up and start recording but man the battery lasted the two full days I was recording the below video with no recharge I accidentally left my 3+ on and didn't even record any video it was just in stand by and it was dead half way through the first day. They are water proof to 33 ft so I imagine snorkeling it will be fine.

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
AWESOME! Thank you @robert843 & @ScarabMike for the videos. Thank you @Av8tor07 for the underwater info

Appreciate the input guys!
I'm buying it now!

Ismael Breton

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just purchased one of these at academy based on the videos above and paid $150. Super excited about testing it out on our upcoming vacation.

Has anyone purchased this set of mounting brackets on Amazon? Seems too good to be true and seems to come with every attachment you'd ever need for $20?!?! No way!!! 50 pieces!!

Neewer 50-In-1 Action Camera Accessory Kit for GoPro Hero Session/5 Hero 1 2 3 3+ 4 5 SJ4000 5000 6000 DBPOWER AKASO VicTsing APEMAN WiMiUS Rollei QUMOX Lightdow Campark And Sony Sports DV and More https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01171X0UW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_q2uvzb3DFZ61Q

paratrooper39

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
$149 is a deal... I've wanted to get a GoPro but didn't realize they were this cheap now!

Peelz

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
yep we have that model! its a simpler version for folks who aren't out to make blockbuster movies LOL really enjoy it. I usually just take video... then later on, freeze for pics. rather than trying to take photos. the iphone app is handy for viewing your captures. you view in low res, then if you like, DL to phone. BUT isn't really that smooth to use whilst filming.

my favorite thing weve done is mounted them on the kids RC trucks and went flying down the street.... and...the boy bought a harness to attach it to his dog. quite hilarious.

avatar photo is from that camera. :)