• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Got a little bit of footage of surfing behind the 192

skrip345

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hey guys,

Finally got around to uploading a clip of some of the surfing I did this weekend. This was my second time on the board, and I think we need a little more wave before ropeless will be possible. At about the 2:45 mark my brother takes a slow left and I move out of the way, you can see the wake pretty clear. Let me know what you think of the wave. I will be back down there Friday Saturday and sunday so I am hoping I can play around a little more with bag and people placement and get it dialed. Im planning on moving the go pro from the tower to the swim deck so the perspective on the wave is a little better. Cant wait to get back down there!

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Can you tell us a little bit about your set up? Ballast, location etc. Are you running Perfect Pass?

skrip345

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
No perfect pass yet, though that may prove to be critical in rope less surfing. It takes CONSTANT adjustment to maintain a speed around 10 or 11. Seems like the boat wants to climb onto plane and speed up, obviously making it tough to keep up with the boat ropeless. In this shot I had 400 under the rear seat, 400 on top, so 800 total left rear. Probably 4 adults on board. I'm planning on trying 400 on the swim deck this weekend, and the other 400 under the left rear seat. We will see what that does.

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Very nice.

What board are you using? Given the chance to swap it out for a longer or shorter board would you? Or are you happy with it?

skrip345

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The board is a Liquid Force fish 5'3". So far I am happy, my goal when I bought the board was something we could learn on, but not be bored with immediately. My brother and I are both accomplished wake boarders, so getting up and riding were easy to learn. I still don't know the mechanics of surfing, so I really don't know what to expect from this board, what its limitations might be, etc. Price was another consideration as I wasn't even sure we would like surfing, or if it was possible behind the 192. I gave 299 from evo.com and am happy with my purchase.

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The board is a Liquid Force fish 5'3". So far I am happy, my goal when I bought the board was something we could learn on, but not be bored with immediately. My brother and I are both accomplished wake boarders, so getting up and riding were easy to learn. I still don't know the mechanics of surfing, so I really don't know what to expect from this board, what its limitations might be, etc. Price was another consideration as I wasn't even sure we would like surfing, or if it was possible behind the 192. I gave 299 from evo.com and am happy with my purchase.
Thanks for the report!

CFD3Captain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Hard to tell what the wave looks like from that view, but I can only imagine it is the same as mine since we have the same setup. Man, I was really hoping that two 400# bags was the answer. I have yet to have a chance to try to surf.