• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Got a new tow rig

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I've been waiting for this truck since it was announced years ago, finally traded the Titan in today.

View attachment 95687
Does it ride like a wrangler?
Did you hook it up to the boat yet?
I am interested in it as well.

Brad460

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Congrats! I kind of like this thing...put a little lift and some bigger wheels/tires and it’ll look sweet.

Surprised Jeep gets away with such an antiquated design, yet it still looks cool and modern. No other manufacturer could pull this off..

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Congrats. I love the way those look.

ripler

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Does it ride like a wrangler?
Did you hook it up to the boat yet?
I am interested in it as well.
Rides better than Wrangler, it has longer wheelbase and the rear suspension is based off of the Ram not the Wrangler. Weather is rainy and cold so I'll have to report back in that.

ripler

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Congrats! I kind of like this thing...put a little lift and some bigger wheels/tires and it’ll look sweet.

Surprised Jeep gets away with such an antiquated design, yet it still looks cool and modern. No other manufacturer could pull this off..
It has a lift and 33s from the factory, I could add 35s with no modifications.

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Ooooooooo I’m jealous! Nice!!! I like it! Wow I want one. I put about 50k a year on so I will see how yours does. I get 12.9 MPG with my Titan Prox4 so I think your mileage can’t be worse. Let us know. Oh take that off road and have some fun! 315/75/16 if you get the metric version of the 35” tall 12” wide tire it will save you about a $100 a tire. Same size but everyone wants (35”) tires so you pay for it.

Last edited:

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I dig it. I'm debating one of these or a ram as my next truck. Curious to see your thoughts on it coming from a full size. I'm worried it will feel underpowered coming from a v8 midsize truck.

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My titan is like a sports car, it hauls ass.
I like the titan a lot, but I feel like if I'm gonna buy a new truck, I want the toys like the big moonroof and the radar cruise. Supposedly the titan refresh for 2020 will have that all.

I wish ram would put the 392 in the 1500, preferably just the one from the 2500 so it runs on regular. Sigh, a guy can dream right?

ripler

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I dig it. I'm debating one of these or a ram as my next truck. Curious to see your thoughts on it coming from a full size. I'm worried it will feel underpowered coming from a v8 midsize truck.
My titan is like a sports car, it hauls ass.
My last 4 trucks were full sized and size was a concern, but I can get used to it. I traded 2108 Titan Pro 4X, I miss the V8, but this thing is badass.

No one paid attention to the Titan, people stop me everywhere I go in this.

Last edited:

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I'm a jeep guy and tow with my wrangler. If my wallet could afford that beast I'd have it! Eventually I'll pick up a used Rubi Gladiator as my tow pig.

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Nice rig! Is the backseat leg room the same as the Wrangler Unlimited? I was in the front seat of a Rubicon Unlimited and glanced at the backseat and was amazed of the available space. We're looking for comfort and space with towing capacity to haul our 230 when needed so as of now the new Expedition is at the top of our list. I'm curious to see the new powertrains they start to offer in the next few years in the Wranglers. I've heard or read that a diesel was in the works. If that's the case that may be our next vehicle after the Expedition.

ripler

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I think it has 2" more legroom than the JLU. They are developing a diesel and it's supposed to be out soon, but the rated towing capacity will be less then the V6 according to everything I've read, I think it's has to do with the cooling system.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Saw one of these at the ramp yesterday. Looked to be hooked to a pontoon trailer. Definitely an interesting look.

I'm most curious if it will hold value like a Wrangler. Seems those things never depreciate.