• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Grease points

Par190sx

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Getting ready for the 10 hr service. Need a couple of questions answered.

1. Trailer need to be level for oil change?
2. Where r the grease points that need to be done located?

Getting ready for the 10 hr service. Need a couple of questions answered.

1. Trailer need to be level for oil change?
2. Where r the grease points that need to be done located?
Not sure about the Greece point on your engine. With regard to oil level. You can either level the trailer or, what I find easier is to get it close on the trailer, then get it exact while in the water. I just bring a quart with me to top off.

I usually do the whole operation in the water. Then I don't have to mess with leveling things and I get to take a trip in the boat, too! Plus, you should run it to warm up the oil first, which is just perfect by the time I get out of the no wake zone.

As to grease points, the major one (you are one engine, if I recall), is at the rear of the engine where the shaft exits to go to the impellers. There should be a nipple on there with a little cap on it. You will be able to feel in the grease gun when it is full (I was nervous about this part, but it really will be fine if you try it--just don't push when you feel the gun get hard). There are other grease points on either side of the bucket where the control cables enter the hull (but I am bad and have never greased there yet).

And, while you have the grease gun out, I am sure your axles could use a shot...

If you are going to change oil on the trailer place the level on the motor after the cover is removed and adjust trailer crank to level out engine. Two people make this muuuuuuch easier. On my 240 I have found that the level on the trailer still leaves the motors unlevel. I also place a small glob of waterproof grease where the gate cable comes out of the sheathing at the rear of the boat and spray silicone spray on all moving parts and non moving parts of your jet. I would think that being in salt water the silicone spraying is even more important.

Last edited:
Don't forget the grease zerk between your axles on the bracket connecting the leaf springs.

And while you're at it....spray all the steering cables and reverse bucket linkage with your lubricant of choice, go around and check for loose nuts and bolts - now's the time to find them, before they fall off and disappear.:eek:

And wax that muth....

(every time I say, "while you're at it" I think of that scene) :cool:

Back