• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Grey 2016 242 LS Seadek color?

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I am having the whole boat done in Seadek by my local dealer before I even see the boat in person for the first time. I really like the 2015 chocolate over black color and am wondering if it will clash with the 2016 color scheme (see attached photos). I would have the existing grey over black removed and the whole thing done in chocolate over black if I went that direction (yes more money :( but think I will like it better). The other option is just just keep the grey over black that is there and have the cabin done. I have attached photos of the stock exterior and interior that I found online. Thoughts????

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Looks like the same grey as the 2015's, they just made the white parts black (the underneath of the hull and the tower). Therefore, I can tell you that it will look great.

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Here is another user's picture that shows the Seadek next to the grey.

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
It is the interior trim color that concerns me. The interior trim like the photo @OperationROL attached appears to have a bronze hue while the 2016 is most certainly grey. I am guessing that is the reason for the different stock Seadek colors. I am most likely going to find out as my wife dislikes the grey Seadek. I should have mentioned in my first post that it is thanks to this site that I even know what mods I want and may have been happily oblivious without knowing. I can see this site becoming expensive. So far no jewelry needed with the new boat and inital mods but I am sure once I dive into the ballast and audio I will need to budget extra. I will post pics when I pick up the boat and of any mods I do to contribute back. Teaser ... Heated captain and co-captain seats mod is high on my wife's list and I have not seen that here yet but I have a plan on how to do it.

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Ok. I see what you're saying. The upholstery trim color in mine matches the Chocolate over black well. I am not sure what it will look like on yours with the grey upholstery trim.

stever40

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Nice boat! Honestly I think it will look good. Although not a boat, my wife did this color scheme in a room. Walls grey, carpet bedding, etc is brown. When she said she was doing this I questioned it and she just told me wait and see. Turned out great. I think you will like it. I bet it will fell warming and soft from just the grey and white.

USN SCPO RET

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
sea dek5.JPG sea dek9.jpg I've started to add pieces of sea dek...its looking good.

Getting it from Jetboatpilot.com

Great group of folks.

Last edited: