• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Hanging the carpet

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Usually when I take out my stock snap in carpet to dry, I lay it over the windshield, seats and wherever. That resulted in drip water spots on everything and basically was ugly.

I figured out that I had spare snap parts already on the boat in the tool box, so I did this:
20140719_160801.jpg 20140719_160812.jpg

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
That is an excellent mod @tdonoughue ! I hang mine on a clothesline, but that works just as well too if air can circulate around the carpet. I bet that is easier too than my clothesline, but I don't have wall room to install snaps. Another great way to get the carpet to dry overnight!

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks, Mel. One note I failed to make: I didn't put the snaps so far apart so that the carpet is taught. That leaves a gap of about 1/2" between the wood and the carpet as it bows out a tad...

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Nice mod @tdonoughue , thanks for sharing it. I may have mine up by days end. Just need to add a trip to west marine for snaps to my to do list for today.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
You guys that live close to West Marine are KILLING me! lol I have to try and plan for it on a drive-by from work! I think it is about 50 miles for me. At least I am close to the lake!

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I live close to TWO West Marine stores, BUT I live far away from my boat!

I had to hang the carpet over a brick wall on Saturday. It worked in a pinch and was certainly better than leaving it in the boat. ;)

Kevin107

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Awesome idea. Another project on my list. ;)

KXCam22

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I put some nails in my fence. The snaps hook nicely on the nail heads and the carpet hangs straight down. Cam.

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Awesome idea!! I will do this in my garage

RightStuff

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I just had to yank my carpet after going out on Sun and just had to drape it over whatever I had in the garage. This is such a good idea, thanks!

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'm going to go with the snaps because I'm concerned that the wind will blow the carpet off nails which will put them on the ground and subject to the dog pissing on them and / or random bird droppings.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I finally made it to west marine for the snaps. Silly me for thinking this would be a cheap boating project. It was either 6 to 8 snaps for $12. 40 for $40ish or a snap "kit 8 snaps and material to put together at least 8 more for $17. I went with the $17 option and immediately threw them into a box which I will just designated next seasons upgrades. It's July in Cali, time to boat not work on it.

image.jpg

Last edited:

96Pirate

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Awesome mod @tdonoughue I was going to do the clothesline mod but now I might do this.

I may have found the best place for it above the garage door. Other than needing to have the garage door down I don't see any other issues. Otherwise I might need to do it on the fence.
20130902_190015.jpg

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Well I did this before we headed to the river this morning. Now I can hang wet carpets or grab them up when they are dry all while standing on the sun deck in the garage! 20140726_154203.jpgThis was an awesome idea! Thank you! I also hing a close line for wet life jackets and towels