• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Hankook tires?

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Any body use them on their trailers? Really cheap for 70,000 mile tires. They have great reviews and just curious what yall think

I don't know anyone that has used Hankook tires on their trailer but I do know plenty of people that have used Hankook on the car and they have been happy with them. I have Maxxis tires on my trailer and have been very happy with them.

Hankook is a good tire brand...with that being said you can find good and bad reviews on all trailer tires. When you talk tires it's like oil or additives with the passion.

I tried doing a search for Hankook trailer tires and only came up with the F19. It is a 14 ply load range G rated at 3,330 lbs. at 105 psi. Are these the ones you were looking into or are there others models that I cannot find?

I bet that most of our tires dry rot before they run out of tred. I tow up to 4,000 miles per year with 2,500+ of that due to the Bimini trip. I assume that I tow more than most members although I know that there are some with long lake commutes that top my towing.

Assuming that the average member tows 2,000 miles per year their tires probably need replacement after 7 to 10 years with 14,000 to 20,000 miles on them.

Based on that usage pattern I would be happy with whatever DOT approved tire was available for a reasonable price.

I bet that most of our tires dry rot before they run out of tred. I tow up to 4,000 miles per year with 2,500+ of that due to the Bimini trip. I assume that I tow more than most members although I know that there are some with long lake commutes that top my towing.

Assuming that the average member tows 2,000 miles per year their tires probably need replacement after 7 to 10 years with 14,000 to 20,000 miles on them.

Based on that usage pattern I would be happy with whatever DOT approved tire was available for a reasonable price.

Agree with all of that except I would make one change "...whatever DOT approved radial tire was available..." I say this as radials track better and are far less prone to blowouts - ask me how I know.

Agree with all of that except I would make one change "...whatever DOT approved radial tire was available..." I say this as radials track better and are far less prone to blowouts - ask me how I know.

I agree if for no other reason than switching to radials made it so much easier to roll the boat around in the garage.

Are these the same tires you said can be bought at Walmart in another thread? All I see is automotive tires there not trailer tires.

Back