• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Has anybody replaced thier hull drain plug with a brass one?

kthrash

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Has anybody replaced thier hull drain plug with a brass one? I hate the plastic drain plug.. just seems cheap..

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That's what I have on mine....no plastic.

kthrash

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
did you replace it? whats involved? just the three screws and some 3M 5200?

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
There are also chrome plated brass versions of what we currently have. But yes, all you need for that is the screws and 5200. You can also find that same style where they have drilled the plug and pressed in a stainless rod so you can remove it without tools.

dustinjean

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Axis
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
on my old ar210 i replaced the plastic one with the chrome plated version from the ar240, had to enlarge the main hole from what i remember and drill one new hole for mounting as the flange was a bit bigger and used 3m 5200 let it setup for a few days and was good all last season

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Some of our models come with plastic, some with brass, and some with chromed brass. I have had brass and the chromed brass now. I am with you...I would consider changing the plastic if it gave me even a single issue.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Plastic ones are nice because you can screw them by hand and they stay connected to the drain while its out. Brass was standard issue on my Classic 2005 and I often wish I had plastic to make it easier to pull the plug without going to find the pliers.

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I like the plastic. Like Murf said, it is easy to screw them in and they stay put. Plus I have about half a dozen inside the engine bay should I ever lose one.

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I like the plastic. Like Murf said, it is easy to screw them in and they stay put. Plus I have about half a dozen inside the engine bay should I ever lose one.
X2

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Plastic ones are nice because you can screw them by hand and they stay connected to the drain while its out. Brass was standard issue on my Classic 2005 and I often wish I had plastic to make it easier to pull the plug without going to find the pliers.
I screw my brass in by hand and never had an issue...

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length