• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Have a new Yamaha 275SD coming this week - need ideas for a cover - cannot find anything

BGN123

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
Will be a few months before my I get off the waitlist to get “inside” at my new marina. Don’t want the boat to bake in the sun. 2 Questions:

1) does a few months in the sun matter? (this is my first boat)
2) does anyone know where to get a cover for one of these - cannot find anything on line

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Surely, it will at least come with the white shipping cover. That will be plenty to keep it protected for a couple months.

During normal times, most will negotiate to have the dealer include the premium mooring cover. That’s an awesome cover and available from the dealer or Yamaha parts houses like partzilla.com or Babbitts.com

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I would use the shipping cover if baking in FL sun, then use the premium mooring cover in your covered storage.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Are you storing it where you might be able to put a canopy over it? This will keep sun and debris off. Something like this would probably last a couple of years

BGN123

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
I took your advice and called the dealer - they are trying to get the stock mooring cover here in time - pricey but probably worth it. Boat will be outside for probably 2 months in the florida sun! Thanks v much!

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Get the Yamaha cover if you can - 100% worth it. Also, I saw a brand new Nautique with a cover that looked/worked exactly like the Yamaha version. The ratchets were right in back instead of on the side - that was the only difference.

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Get a Yamaha cover if you can. A perfectly fitted cover makes things a lot easier. Use some sort of UV protection on the seats on a regular basis weather your covering the boat or not. It will help make things last a lot longer

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
X3 Yamaha cover unless they are out of Stock ? They are made in the US By commercial sewing but maybe the material is back ordered

Home - Outer Armor Oh and they do not sell direct

Inthrustwetrust

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Will it be on a trailer or a stand? I bought a general purpose 24ft cover for my 240. Works fine but the straps go around the trailer frame. Quick google search I found 27ft GP covers.

No idea if your tower folds, looking at pictures probably not. I have put mine on with the tower up but it gets a little awkward around the tower, I just fold mine down and the cover fits over it fine. Just a option if you can’t get the Yamaha cover.

I wouldn’t leave it uncovered in the Florida sun. My boat is a bird crap/lizard magnet when the cover is off.