• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Heat Rash on seats???

Ratket

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
2014 212x, the rear swim deck seats get what appears to be “ Heat Rash” if the boat just sits for a day in the sun with the cover on...... What’s odd is after like 2 Days with no cover it is gone and the seats look brand new.. I am not sure why, we tried putting a blanket over the seats but it didn’t help. Here is a pic. Anyone else have this issue or seen it?
Thanks All

Attachments

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I had this also, but not to that extreme. My guess is it was from the cover touching the seats. I cleaned them and put protectant on them. Luckily it stopped. Unfortunately the rash didn’t go away as yours.

Ratket

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
If I leave it out in the sun with out the cover on it goes away after like 2 days... Just annoying.

Inthrustwetrust

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Any chance you have irrigation system on a well and it’s residue from a sprinkler hitting it? Cause I had that happen with my swim deck.

Canuckjetboater

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
2014 212x, the rear swim deck seats get what appears to be “ Heat Rash” if the boat just sits for a day in the sun with the cover on...... What’s odd is after like 2 Days with no cover it is gone and the seats look brand new.. I am not sure why, we tried putting a blanket over the seats but it didn’t help. Here is a pic. Anyone else have this issue or seen it?
Thanks All
@Ratket is that heat rash or temporary light mildew that forms under the cover from dampness or condensation then, once exposed, gets cooked-off by the sun?

Ratket

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Nope 0 humidity or water. No water any where near it. We live in an extremely dry high heat area. We always let the boat air out for at least two days before covering it. Next time we go out - 2 weeks from now I will try leaving the engine bay open to ensure all the water in the hull gets evaporated. I am not sure why it does it, best answer I have is heat rash.

jjmparsons

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

jjmparsons

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Looks like an extreme case of this:

This certainly looks more relative to the light pinking I have on one of my seats as well. Its not as obvious as what was pictured above but its all most likely the same thing. Thanks for sharing that!

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Well @Ratket sounds like chemical pinking is your answer. Interesting.

Ratket

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Yes indeed- that’s what I have. Thanks all!!