• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Height Adjustable hitch

WestMIJet

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I was looking to raise the tongue on my trailer to level it and came across this Maxx Tow Hitch from Etrailer.com. For less that $100 I really like it. It is all steel so that makes it a little heavy but I will take the weight for that price. Towing a 242 I needed a strong hitch and this one has 8000 lb capacity on the 2” ball. Maybe this can save someone a few bucks to use on a different mod. 58EECB92-1CC0-4E7E-BA6D-F74B15A65627.jpeg

Ilmmct

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have a lowered truck and like a height adjustable hitch as well.

bolivas

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I was looking to raise the tongue on my trailer to level it and came across this Maxx Tow Hitch from Etrailer.com. For less that $100 I really like it. It is all steel so that makes it a little heavy but I will take the weight for that price. Towing a 242 I needed a strong hitch and this one has 8000 lb capacity on the 2” ball. Maybe this can save someone a few bucks to use on a different mod. View attachment 99150
I have the Gen-Y hitch Amazon.com: Drop Hitch GH-623 2.5" class V Pintle Adjustable Ball mount, 2-1/2", 21,000 Lb 3-receiver,drop Hitch Class 5, 3" Dual Receiver Hitch,drop/raise 6",multi Use,adjustable Hitch,ball Mount Hitch,"fits on 2-1/2" Truck/vehicle Hitch Receiver": Gateway
and am very happy with it. It is probably overkill for most folks, but I haul many different trailers (sometimes 15K-16K lbs). It is also the 2.5" shank because using the spacer on the 2" shank sucks. What really sold me on this hitch is the ability to pull a pintle hitch trailer without having to change out the hitch. I consolidated a few hitches down to 1 with this hitch.

RightStuff

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

WestMIJet

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Funny that this just popped up, I too just upgraded my rusty old 2" drop hitch to an adjustable one. I went aluminum to hopefully prevent some rusting issues in the future. So far so good, but I have only used it for one trip to/from the lake... Just another option to throw out there if anyone else it looking for an adjustable hitch.

Amazon.com: Uriah Products UT623410 Adjustable Aluminum Mount with 3 Interchangeable Balls-6" Drop: Automotive
Great price on an aluminum hitch!

Rammrodd

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212XE
Boat Length
Funny that this just popped up, I too just upgraded my rusty old 2" drop hitch to an adjustable one. I went aluminum to hopefully prevent some rusting issues in the future. So far so good, but I have only used it for one trip to/from the lake... Just another option to throw out there if anyone else it looking for an adjustable hitch.

Amazon.com: Uriah Products UT623410 Adjustable Aluminum Mount with 3 Interchangeable Balls-6" Drop: Automotive
How is the play with this hitch? Is there much rattle? Thanks.

RightStuff

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I just took a quick measurement... At the ball there is about a 1/2 inch of movement up/down and the same left/right. No movement in/out of the receiver on my truck.