• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Hello from Utah! NooB alert!

Lynkage

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Axis
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Hello everyone I'm Shane and I just purchased a new to me 2008 AR230. This is my first boat however I do have Sea Doo's and my family has been in boats all of my life. Getting ready to install my new Thrust Vectors and Lateral Thrusters! Very excited to be boating! Lake Powell is our first destination!!

Please break me in all at once! ;)

Renod

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Congrats on your purchase and living in my favorite state in the Union as well!

Brad460

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Without pictures how do we know your telling the truth?

Rumbo

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congrats!

Lake Powell is our lake too. What part of the lake do you usually go?

Lynkage

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Axis
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Congrats!

Lake Powell is our lake too. What part of the lake do you usually go?
Our toys are in Moab, so either Bullfrog or Halls Crossing. :)

We do lots of off-roading as well! :thumbsup:

Lynkage

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Axis
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
And the Sea Doo's! Just sold the Kawasaki's to buy these! :cool:

IMG_0477[1].JPG

Rumbo

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
They look gorgeous! Bullfrog ramp is wet again, hopefully we don’t see that lake that low again. How soon is your maiden voyage?

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length

Lynkage

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Axis
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
They look gorgeous! Bullfrog ramp is wet again, hopefully we don’t see that lake that low again. How soon is your maiden voyage?
We set sail with the extended family on June 3rd with a houseboat for a week! Water will be cold but hopefully it will be sunny. We have wet suits!! I too hope it never gets that low again, I remember back in the early to mid 80's how full it was vs where we are now! :eek:

Sharp! I like your shed too! I built one just like it when I lived up North. Good luck with her!!!
Thank you! :)

Rumbo

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We'll be up there on June 3 also, but on the south end. We live in Flagstaff so the south end is much more accessible to us. Really hoping the water temp climbs quickly! Daytime surface temp is usually 5-6 degrees warmer than what’s reported. Reported temp is taken at midnight at the end of the dock at Wahweap.

I too remember how full it was through the 80’s and most of the 90’s. Looks like this year will bring back it up to “new normal”.

Lynkage

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Axis
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
We'll be up there on June 3 also, but on the south end. We live in Flagstaff so the south end is much more accessible to us. Really hoping the water temp climbs quickly! Daytime surface temp is usually 5-6 degrees warmer than what’s reported. Reported temp is taken at midnight at the end of the dock at Wahweap.

I too remember how full it was through the 80’s and most of the 90’s. Looks like this year will bring back it up to “new normal”.
It should be a great summer at the lake this year for sure!!

rkim808

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Aloha and welcome to the gang, she’s pretty😍. Congrats, and u and ur Ohana(Family) will have a blast with her I’m sure.🤙🏽

Lynkage

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Axis
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Aloha and welcome to the gang, she’s pretty😍. Congrats, and u and ur Ohana(Family) will have a blast with her I’m sure.🤙🏽
The family is defiantly excited. Hoping to get out as much as possible this summer! The kids are ready for summer that's for sure! :cool:

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Please break me in all at once! ;)
That's what she said!!

Absolutely could not help myself...🤣

Brother welcome aboard! Have fun and take loads of pics!

Lynkage

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Axis
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
That's what she said!!

Absolutely could not help myself...🤣

Brother welcome aboard! Have fun and take loads of pics!
I was waiting for someone to.... well.... take advantage of that!! LOL! Thanks for the welcome! 🤣

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
LOL!! Pictures or it didn't happen!!

View attachment 95077
That is a clean looking 230 congratulations! I'm a Utah native myself from Utah county. You're about to have an awesome summer!

Hit me up if your after any gear. I own a online watersports company, Transom Watersports. Shop our site or our brands and let me know what you're after. I give discount codes to locals and jetboaters.

Last edited:

Lynkage

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Axis
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Thanks for the welcome J-Rad!! I will look up your site when it is time to get some goodies! I was raised in SLC, still like Utah better than all others I have lived in. Leaving Denver has been the best thing! ;)