• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Hello from Virginia

smoked24

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Hello all. Here from around Smith Mountain Lake Virginia. Just purchased a 2015 Vortex VRX and I've already sucked in a rope so I'm getting broken in quick. Haha. But hope to meet some fellow jet boaters and Learn about these beasts.

Steve Risley

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Welcome. We have the same boat. Trust me, you are not the first or the last to suck up a rope....how hard was it to remove the rope?

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome! This community is great! Let's see a picture of that beautiful Chapparal...

smoked24

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Hey Steve. Thanks for the welcome. I was beyond pissed and embarrassed until I got on here but it wasn't too hard but I couldn't do it in the water. But it ruined the rear boot at the impeller but luckily I found one I think here luckily.

granpachuck

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Hello all. Here from around Smith Mountain Lake Virginia. Just purchased a 2015 Vortex VRX and I've already sucked in a rope so I'm getting broken in quick. Haha. But hope to meet some fellow jet boaters and Learn about these beasts.
Welcome, nice looking Chap ! We are in the Raleigh, Cary area of NC but will be spending a week on your lake end of July, early August, and plan on bringing our boat. Maybe we can meet up and you can give us a tour of your favorite spots. Have a great summer .

Last edited:

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome!

--

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks J-Rad. Here she is
They're beautiful boats, love the color!

I recommend you get your hands in some of these floating ropes. They're a bit easier to keep track of and less likely to get sucked up.

If you're interested I'll shoot you a discount code.

smoked24

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Welcome, nice looking Chap ! We are in the Raleigh, Cary area of NC but will be spending a week on your lake end of July, early August, and plan on bringing out boat. Maybe we can meet up and you can give us a tour of your favorite spots. Have a great summer .
Thanks Grandpachuk. Yea man we would love to show you around. We try to go every weekend. Except for holidays the amount of people and jet skis will drive you nuts. But yea man it would be great to meet up.

smoked24

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
They're beautiful boats, love the color!

I recommend you get your hands in some of these floating ropes. They're a bit easier to keep track of and less likely to get sucked up.

If you're interested I'll shoot you a discount code.
Yea man I'm definitely interested I don't know which one to get. I've only pulled the kids around once and they freaking love it.

granpachuck

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks Grandpachuk. Yea man we would love to show you around. We try to go every weekend. Except for holidays the amount of people and jet skis will drive you nuts. But yea man it would be great to meet up.
Sounds great ! Cant wait to see this lake, heard it is beautiful. Looking forward to it, have a great 4th.

smoked24

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Sounds great ! Cant wait to see this lake, heard it is beautiful. Looking forward to it, have a great 4th.
It is beautiful. The mountains are beautiful too. But it's easy to get lost hahaha. I've lived here all my life and still tend to get turned around easily. Haha.

PJ73

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

granpachuck

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
It is beautiful. The mountains are beautiful too. But it's easy to get lost hahaha. I've lived here all my life and still tend to get turned around easily. Haha.
Heading your way this Saturday or Sunday, staying in a house that I should be able to keep the boat tied up at the dock. From the North Shore area, down hwy or rd 711, what boat launch do you recommend? Thanks for any suggestions you may have,

smoked24

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Heading your way this Saturday or Sunday, staying in a house that I should be able to keep the boat tied up at the dock. From the North Shore area, down hwy or rd 711, what boat launch do you recommend? Thanks for any suggestions you may have,
Hey buddy sorry took me so long to msg you back. I'm not sure I believe your in the penhook area?

granpachuck

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Hey buddy sorry took me so long to msg you back. I'm not sure I believe your in the penhook area?
No worries, not sure what the area is called. first time there. Included a pic of about where we should be. Some others recommended Scruggs # 8 or Crazy horse marina. Thanks !

Attachments

smoked24

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Well when you come in and you go over the long bridge over the lake which is called Hales Ford I personally would put in at magnum boating at the bridge.

granpachuck

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Well when you come in and you go over the long bridge over the lake which is called Hales Ford I personally would put in at magnum boating at the bridge.
Ok, thanks for the suggestions. We are stoked about this trip. Just came back from a few days at Lake James in NC, and looking forward to a new and different boating experience. We plan on hitting a few restaurants and other fun spots. Thanks for the help !