• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Helm Door/Wind Screen Track Mod

JTC1016

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Don't get too excited, this is a very minor mod but one that might come in handy and prevent injury. I was docking on a river with current and high winds last weekend. I always dock by myself because my wife is dealing with the kids, but I'm used to it and it's not a big deal. But because of the wind and current I needed to move quick. I pulled up to the dock at the ramp, killed the engines and ran to the bow to tie a line on. On the way, I ran my foot across the bottom of the double sided plastic track that holds the helm door open as a wind screen and took about a 3/4" long strip of skin off the top of my pinky toe. Not a major injury but you don't realize how much you use that toe until it hurts. It took hours to stop bleeding too.
So this weekend the dremel is coming out and rounding off all four corners of that track so that hopefully if anyone runs into it again it will do less damage. Thought I would share so that it might save someone some toe skin.

McMark

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I had the same injury. It's sharp for sure.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
You think that hurts you should try accidentally leaving the ski locker latch up and then blindly thrust your pinky toe into it. I invented new words and yelled out in pain on the lake waters that day lol. To this day if you listen close on a quiet calm day you can still hear my echo bounce off the mountains.

Unfortunately there is no mod or fix for my stupidity of leaving the latch open by accident but it was a valuable lesson learned the hard way :D

Last edited:

McMark

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Every time I get into the ski locker I think man that would really hurt if I left that up.

I had a couple of falls where I was standing on the swim platforms and had my hand slip while I was steadying myself on the side. This was going from standing to sitting.

I ran my hand around the underside edge of the cleanout tray lid while I was cleaning it. Got a nice gash on a couple of fingers. Everywhere there is a routed opening is sharp so be careful.

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length