• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Help buying 195ID

olyscarab

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
Hello ALL,

New to this forum and longtime owner of SeaDoo PWC. Recently sold 2019 RXT-X 300 to transition to boating for family. Realistically we just want the ability to have more out on the water at a time, be able to lounge and tour the local fresh waters of the PNW and tube.

I am aware of the supply vs. demand and likely going to order a 2022 195 ID without tower based on our intended use described above. There are few dealers in my area and frankly across the states as I have researched and called just about every one west of the Mississippi River. Now I'm building the boat we want on the Scarab website and sending to dealers and this is where I need your help.

What is a fair price? I was shocked to see the approximate $4500 freight charged added, but understand the typical fees with licensing, etc. I'm waiting for the first "out-the-door" estimate from Portland and I asked what they intend to mark up and he said typically 15%. Seriously? I can see a boat sitting in their showroom with the high demand, but ordering one should there be a mark up?

Also, thoughts about impact design siding? One dealer said not worth it and it tears easily. My ideal build is bow filler, rear lounge option, sound and docking packages, 300hp of course, marine matting on swim and flooring throughout, trailer cover and likely aluminum wheels and spare on trailer. What else or what less? Also like the red on red coloring.

Thank you in advance for any help and insight!

Chris

One more thing...another reason for no tower is our garage. Measuring max height for our garage is 83" and product information guide with tower folded is 7'1" or 85". I have a very slight angle into garage and just don't want to buy the boat and find out it doesn't fit and then it's $200/month storage when not using (yeah, it's that much here in WA for boat storage unless you want an outdoor 15x20 parking spot and then it's only $110/month.

Just put a deposit on a 195 scheduled for August (fingers crossed). Red with red interior (no atomic or impact graphic). No tower, but bow filler cushions, removable black/gray flooring throughout (swim platform too), table, digital speed and sound packages, aluminum trailer wheels and spare and trailer cover, versa lounge and I think that’s it. Cost plus freight and set up $57,449. Just add taxes and licensing and it seems to be a fair price compared to build price online that says $54,500 and freight here in PNW is $4500 every dealer I checked in WA, OR, and ID.

Sweet, you should join the Facebook scarab jet boat page. Lots of help and info, also New Orleans power sports gives us a discount on parts. The owner Leonard is awesome and help me with my boat even tho I didn't get it from him BUT I will be ordering a 255 from him even tho I live in FL.

Thanks for the info and will join the group!

Back