• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Help <sucked up rocks>

Rod Hamdan

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
Hello i unfortunately sucked up some rocks in my 2014 165 scarab motor sounds like it bogged down will sound go away once cleaned out ?

BrandonG

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Probably but your impeller is likely damaged so you may not be getting the same performance you used to

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I thought the scarabs couldn't suck anything up?

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I thought the scarabs couldn't suck anything up?
Not true. It sucks up water and anything in it. The design of the Rotax/BRP systems is less likely too BUT will suck things in there.

Rod Hamdan

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
Hello i unfortunately sucked up some rocks in my 2014 165 scarab motor sounds like it bogged down will sound go away once cleaned out ?
Ive got boat back runs great as long as its not in cruise mode or ski mode question is running without being in these modes will that hurt the boat or why don't these modes not work properly?

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Back? Where was the boat?

I don't think running not in one of those modes will hurt anything. But why those modes won't work at this point is anyone's guess. That may depend in part on the answer to the first question. Also, did it not go into these modes after you sucked up the rocks and before you sent it to wherever it was sent?