• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Help with Trailer lights!

jdbakerucf

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
ok, so I just bought a FSH 210 with the aluminum trailer, and while trailering the boat home (6 hr drive) somewhere along the way, the trailer electrical plug pulled a little loose and my lights started flickering. then when I was able to stop and inspect I noticed that one of the pins inside the plug (round 7 pin style with 5 wires/pins) had what looked like melted rubber around it (like the plug and truck we arcing due to the loose connection).... So, I get it plugged back in and get going down the road again and notice I lost trailer lights again... this time I couldn't get them to come on (side markers and tail lights), however when I apply the brake lights I get one brake light to turn on and the yellow side marker on the opposite side of the trailer.

So, I get home, replace the round plug (just the plug, not all the wiring) on the end and still only getting one tail light and one side marker to light up when I hit the brakes. Any have any ideas on what is going on or suggestions on things for me to go check?

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Check that your tow vehicle didn't blow a fuse.

dgfreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Bad grounds will do a lot of funky stuff, start by checking the ground on the trailer. It’s usually a white wire. Can you tell us the colors of the wires you’re dealing with? Also, did you confirm everything was working when you first hooked up, or is there a chance things didn’t work right from the start?

jdbakerucf

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I was able to confirm everything worked at first... trailer has 5 wires: brown, yellow, green, blue, & white.

for the ground, it looks like it is just connected through the wiring harness and not actually screwed to the trailer anywhere.

jdbakerucf

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Check that your tow vehicle didn't blow a fuse.
so I have one of those testers that plug into the truck (at the harness connection point) with lights on it that light up to test the circuits on, and from what that is telling me my truck side is doing what it’s supposed to

dgfreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Ok, so white is ground, brown is running lights, yellow is left turn, green is right turn, and blue is backup/reverse lights (unless you have electric brakes, which I highly doubt). White needs to be attached/screwed to the frame of trailer somewhere, otherwise you’re depending on the connection through the ball/hitch, which is terrible. Trace it back, see if it is connected somewhere. Also, can you tell us what pins you connected each color wire to on the trailer plug?

dgfreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Another test you can perform is unhooking the trailer, so there is no chance of a ground through the hitch, (with the lights still plugged in) and see if anything changes