• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

HELP..

Shans

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Went to flush my 2018 Yamaha AR195 tonight after all day in the boat, and after 20 seconds I realized no water was coming from the 3 holes on the starboard or exhaust port , just some water around the jet nozzle. Are my lines clogged ?

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Many members don't get the indicator libes working on the hose, not enough pressure

As long as you don't get an overheat don't worry about it

Shans

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Many members don't get the indicator libes working on the hose, not enough pressure

As long as you don't get an overheat don't worry about it
I don’t even get any water coming out the exhaust port

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It is common for no water to come out unless water pressure is very high.

It takes a little time for the water to flow all the way. Give it 40 second and see what happens.

Shans

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I let it run for 1:30 and I had hot water coming out the thermostat drain port ( I assume that’s what it is ) and just a trickle of water come out the exhaust for a few seconds then it stopped. Seems strange.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It could be plugged with mud from burrowing animals. Try inserting a zip tie into the hole to clear it.

Wishfull1

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I get a trickle from the pissers after a bit on the hose. Probably a water pressure/flow thing. If you are getting water at the transom and no overheat alarms, you are fine. Keep in mind, it takes a little time to fill the water box.

Elliott

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
As the others said, you are likely fine - an overheat alarm would have sounded if you did not have flow.

Are you in salt water and flushing with an anti-salt solution in an attachment? If so, this limits your water pressure. Flush with just the flush fitting on the hose to confirm a higher flow of water. FWIW, I usually only a get a weak and often intermittent flow from the pisser using an anti-salt flush attachment, and I am almost three years in salt water only. However, I always get a good flow from the rear; I am flushing a hot engine on the marina wash rack within 15 minutes of coming out of the water.

Shans

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I’m just using fresh water from the hose to flush. At my house in the city when I flush I get water out the pissers almost instantly , and from the exhaust , thermostat port and of course around the jet drive unit.
But this time flushing into outside the city and water is coming from a well, so it may be a pressure thing like you all said. I’m going to put the boat in the water today and see if I get flow out the pissers. ( I had pretty much all water hoses disconnected to try and find some indication of a clog but couldn’t find anything )
thanks for the help.