• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Helpful advise on leveling tow vehicle and boat.

Pro Build

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
My new boat makes my truck squat more than my last boat. Should I adjust the boat to lessen the weight or add air bags. First picture is of 212 Limited S and second picture is of new boat.

Attachments

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

Pro Build

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks for that reference, I'm thinking now I will open the tailgate of my truck and load weighted items right above the hitch ball and see how much weight it takes to squat my truck to the precise height it is when boat is connected and also see how much weight the truck will handle without squatting past level stance. I guess I can bump the boat back an inch at a time to get it leveled out. I don't like the boat to hang over the back of the bunks as the vertical wall of the stern offers more support than hull during transport. Probably seems like too much thinking out loud.

Bransc1986

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just installed air lift air bags in my 2011 f150. Pretty basic install if you’re handy. Took a couple hours but that’s because March madness kept sidetracking me. Lol. They were $330 on amazon.

Pro Build

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I just installed air lift air bags in my 2011 f150. Pretty basic install if you’re handy. Took a couple hours but that’s because March madness kept sidetracking me. Lol. They were $330 on amazon.
Thanks for the info, I don't mind installing air bags, as I do tow four different trailers with my "soft riding truck", but if the boat set can be easily adjusted. I'd rather do that.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I installed airbags on my 05 durango when I was using that to pull the boat... night and day different. The Durango didnt sqwat much but enough people were blinking thier high beams at me at night. Air bags and the entire towing experience was much better.

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks for that reference, I'm thinking now I will open the tailgate of my truck and load weighted items right above the hitch ball and see how much weight it takes to squat my truck to the precise height it is when boat is connected and also see how much weight the truck will handle without squatting past level stance. I guess I can bump the boat back an inch at a time to get it leveled out. I don't like the boat to hang over the back of the bunks as the vertical wall of the stern offers more support than hull during transport. Probably seems like too much thinking out loud.
The trailer axle carriage is moveable if not enough bunk to get the correct tounge weight.

The bag suggestion is a good one with 4 trailers. Makes a big difference.

fireslayin

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a 2018 f15 and installed sumosprings...no sag at all on my ar210.

Pro Build

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I'll have to look that up. Never heard of sumosprings.

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Pay attention to the rear axle weight rating. It’s pretty easy to exceed that # with a crew cab 1/2 ton.

The air bags will make it ride level but won’t move much weight off the rear axle.

Pro Build

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I just looked it up and the payload capacity is 3270 pounds. That's 3 times more than any hitch weight that should ever be connected. But I understand your advice, people do tend to overload.

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I just looked it up and the payload capacity is 3270 pounds. That's 3 times more than any hitch weight that should ever be connected. But I understand your advice, people do tend to overload.
The payload is different then the RAWR. It should be on a sticker on the inside of the door jamb on the driver side.

Usually 1/2 tons are in the 4000+- pound RAWR neighborhood. But I’d guess your truck empty weighs 5000+-. Which would mean you could put 1500+- pounds of cargo/passenger/hitch weight on the rear axle before exceeding the rating.

Obviously I’m guessing at those numbers but it’s something to keep in mind.... a friend of mine went to the local pit to get some sand for his kids sandbox. Got stopped and weighed. Wasn’t cheap. ;) So now I’m much more careful about weight ratings.

Pro Build

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
The payload is different then the RAWR. It should be on a sticker on the inside of the door jamb on the driver side.

Usually 1/2 tons are in the 4000+- pound RAWR neighborhood. But I’d guess your truck empty weighs 5000+-. Which would mean you could put 1500+- pounds of cargo/passenger/hitch weight on the rear axle before exceeding the rating.

Obviously I’m guessing at those numbers but it’s something to keep in mind.... a friend of mine went to the local pit to get some sand for his kids sandbox. Got stopped and weighed. Wasn’t cheap. ;) So now I’m much more careful about weight ratings.
Thanks for the info, I will take a look.

Dwrat

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Move your bow stop back a couple of inches.