• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Helpful information on 2021 Ford F-150 not starting

Yambers

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hey all. Thought I would share some useful info. I went to start the truck the other day, turned the key, and I got nothing but warning lights and dings. I have a 2021 Ford F-150 with the 5.0.

Error codes were reading about Adcancetrac, parking assist, driver assist, park aid fault. When we tried to look for assistance using the onboard manual, we got errors stating that it was disabled while the truck was in motion. We weren't in motion. We tried disconnecting the battery, changing settings, jump starting, remote starting, nothing was working.

After 45 minutes of dicking around with it, I came across a youtube video talking about how it would not start on some models if your oil life (LIFE, not LEVEL) was below 20%. I checked the maintenance settings and sure enough my oil life was at 7%. That is weird itself, since I am only 500 miles past an oil change, which was already scheduled. I dont believe they reset my oil life after my last oil change.

Regardless, what the hell is wrong with Ford that they completely disable a vehicle all together for low oil life? If I hadnt figured it out, I was looking at tow bills, insurance claims, time at dealer and not having the vehicle. Never once did a warning light point to servicing the engine, or low oil life levels. Just the crap I pointed out above, which are in no way related to the incident. So I reset my oil life, which still only took it to 47%, truck fired right up and runs flawlessly.

If this would have happened 1 day earlier when we were 1.5 hours from home and towing the boat, I would have been SUPER pissed. Yeah, I get it, it is so you dont burn up and engine with no oil.. But why not an alert? Why disable completely with unrelated codes? Why is my maintenance light not on?

Maybe this will help someone else figure it out faster than I did. And remember to change your oil. We remembered, but apparently not to Fords liking, or their crappy service departments that schedule you out for a month and then want your truck for 3 days for an oil change and a recall consisting of an upload.

Last edited: