• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Hi from MI! Long time boater but new to jet boats

Blue

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hey folks!

I have been around water and boats my whole life, but usually the kind with a prop or sail. I am super happy to be joining you guys!

The fiancee and I currently have an old bass boat that we trailer around but we really enjoy boating with our family and friends and it is too small for that.

Our eyes are on a Sea-doo Islandia, it seems like it is the only jet boat deck boat. I looked for a buyers guide on it but it doesn't seem like there is one out there for that specifically. Any general information to look at when buying a jet boat over other kinds?

I wish it was a Yamaha instead of a BRP but should that really be a disqualifying offense? A large capacity is one of the things were are looking for, is there any other used jet boat that seat 10 legally that we should have our eyes on?

My AR230 is rated for 10. Most 21 foot models hold 10 people as well.

I’m not a fan of them but have you seen the seadoo’s pontoon jet boats? Seadoo switch?

Welcome!!!

Like @Acard7, I have a AR230 and it seats 10 and love the boat. I don't know much about the other jet boats but like the fact that the Yamaha has cleanout ports and they are super easy to service & maintain yourself.

I'll put that on my list of boats to check out, thanks guys!

@Acard7 I have seen the press on those they are...interesting. It is exciting to see something new in the pontoon segment and in theory I like how easy it is to change things around. Hell the cost vs a traditional pontoon is way better too. I will be keeping an eye on it to see if it is a success or a huge flop.

I think the Islandia”s either have 2-stroke BRP twins or a mercury 2-stroke single? They may have made a 4-stroke version in the later years, but I would personally stay away from any 2-strokes unless that is what your budget dictates.

if you need 10-12 capacity:

2010-2012 Challenger 210 seats 10

2007-2012 challenger 230 seats 12

after 2 years of research and more research, I ended up with a 2012 Challenger 210SE with twin 215hp. Just had the first day on it today and was very impressed.

I decided to buy now as the fall sell-off is going on, and the last two springs prices were crazy and boats sold in hours…..

good luck!

I tow a 242 Limited S around SE Michigan. Legally rated for 12 people and fits 8 adults very comfortably. Love my Yamaha boat!

I think the Islandia”s either have 2-stroke BRP twins or a mercury 2-stroke single? They may have made a 4-stroke version in the later years, but I would personally stay away from any 2-strokes unless that is what your budget dictates.

Coming from a SeaDoo of this vintage, they came in two flavors.

Islandia was first released in the days of Mercury Sportjets. They had the 240efi and 250 Optimax. Around 2005-2006, they moved over to the Rotax four stroke twin motors. The islandia was a different breed and a great design for a group of people. The issue today is getting help with that boat if it has issues. BRP dealers don't like to touch them, but they may if it has the newer rotax engines, as they are the same as their PWC.

If it's the Merc powered, it's a monster for power. That big two stroke, in both flavors, pushed those boats really well. The issue is if it does fail. First, you won't find anyone to work on it, and second parts are off the charts expensive, if you can find them. Impellers can be $500-$800 and the stainless sleeve in the pump can be over$2000 if damaged.

Unless it's a smoking deal and running perfectly, I would be avoiding it. Unless you are a mechanic that just loves a challenge, if it comes up of course. I do think the Switch is a good option, if you are interested in BRP. Otherwise, our 24' Yamaha has all that capacity and much better performance. A true V-hull will ride better in rougher water. But you know the waters you care to boat on.

Good luck!

Back