• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Please read the Classified Ads Posting Rules before Posting something for Sale!

Boats MUST LIST A LOCATION (State)IN THE TITLE (Seems people can't read lately)-along with Make/Model/Year

Want To Buy High Performance Impeller for Yamaha AR230 High Output

Chillypilot

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Orang Ezazi

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
thanks for the lead...
can you tell me if you change the pitch on the impeller? or different Material?
there are so many variables of the impellers that it takes a mad scientist to figure which one will increase your performance...

Chillypilot

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Dave is the guy to talk to at Impros. Tell him what type of performance change you're looking for and he will suggest a impeller and pitch it accordingly. He won't tell you what the pitch is... They keep that a secret. @swatski has done more impeller changes than the rest of the members combined. He might be able to give some more insight. You could also just have the stock impellers repitched.

Orang Ezazi

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Oh Thank you very much for the info....
I just left their web site and Email (since their chat line was closed for the day) to get back to me with few options to select...
will give @swatski and Email as well to see what his suggestions might be... at this point I am just exploring, but not sure if I need one or not...
again thanks for the info
O.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Orang Ezazi missed your post. Impros guys are great and very reasonable for pricing and turn around time. You can not go wrong with their service and advice, although I do think this whole idea with keeping pitch information secret is a bit of BS. Keep in mind that none know these boats like people of this forum. Most impeller places cater primarily to jet skis.

Some basic things to consider:
Are your impellers damaged, what do you see when you pull them (leading, trailing edges, outside diameter)? Do you have a lot of cavitation (impellers spinning with no thrust - feels like wheels spinning in mud or snow)? What is your elevation, what are your max RPM?

If your impellers are in bad shape and you want to replace them, I would consider OEM. The factory impellers are solid performers, hard to beat overall, and very reasonably priced. Keep in mind the starboard and port are different pitch.
Hope that helps.

__