• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Horn Replacement

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Has anyone ever found a good sounding replacement horn? My horn sounds like crap....I'm embarassed to even use it

I just have a whistle hanging from around my steering wheel. My horn went out a long time ago.

Whistle is nice to have anyways in case your horn goes out and you get nabbed for a safety check...

I installed a very loud horn on my bike it is called a Stebel horn. On my motorcycle forum there are some great threads that shows how to wire it in and leave all the stock wiring including the stock horn in place. I would think the wiring on a boat would be basically the same. Here is the first thread I found on it:
http://www.m109riders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=127917&highlight=horn
Here is a link to the horn that I have and was used in this thread:
http://www.directlineparts.com/product.asp?pid=6955&str=290

I don't have the switch on mine because I can't imagine when I would not want my horn to be as loud as possible. I think keeping the stock horn gives a little nicer harmonics and is a good backup.

My horn went out. I just replaced it with the exact one. My guess is that it will go out again in a year or two. However, for now, it was an easy fix. I don't "love" the sound of the horn, but it does ok. I really don't ever use the horn. I have it for that in case I need it and that it is required equipment. I, too, always have a whistle at the helm in case the horn fails when I need it most.

Hey guys, I ordered a replacement horn for my boat and the horn that I got didn't fit. The horn is for a 2013 240 series boat, not a a 2010 240 series unless you are willing to cut a bigger hole for it to fit, which I wasn't willing to do. Anyway, if anyone needs a horn I am selling this one for $37 with me paying for shipping. I have it listed on ebay as well. Here is a description below:

Brand new horn assembly for 2013 Yamaha 240 series sport boats. Horn fits the following boat models: 2013 Yamaha 242 Limited California SXT1800JLM 2013 Yamaha 242 Limited S California SXT1800GLM / SXT1800HLM 2013 Yamaha 242 Limited S California SXT1800KLM 2013 Yamaha 242 Limited S SXT1800GM / SXT1800HM 2013 Yamaha 242 Limited S SXT1800KM 2013 Yamaha 242 Limited SXT1800JM 2013 Yamaha AR240 California SXT1800BLM / SXT1800ALM / SXT1800CLM 2013 Yamaha AR240 High Output SXT1800BM / SXT1800AM / SXT1800CM 2013 Yamaha SX240 California SXT1800ELM / SXT1800DLM / SXT1800FLM 2013 Yamaha SX240 High Output SXT1800EM / SXT1800DM / SXT1800FM

Back