• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

House battery upgrade

vikingknut

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
For those that read my previous thread, a bunch of my house battery draining issues went away when I fully charged the house battery. It was at 12.3V on the connext when i started the boat yesterday and actually went up to 12.4V an hour later when I came back to dock. However, I am still considering upgrading the house battery. I have a few questions. 1. if you want to go to 200 Ah total, is it better to get one 200 Ah battery or two 100 Ah batteries? Is the charging from the stator consistent enough across batteries? 2. If I go with two, it appears all I have to do to connect them in parallel is to connect the negatives and positives. Please let me know if I am missing something. 3. If I get a NOCO onboard charger, and I get the 10x3, I am assuming I can connect 2 without an issue. Right? The NOCO 10x3 is onsale on Amazon, so in order to future proof, I may spend the additional $'s as it is now less of a delta. I have heard you really only need to connect one, and it will equalize across them, but I am also assuming charging 3 at a time would be more efficient. 4. If I upgrade, I am leaning towards AGM. I'd love to go lithium, but the cost and complexity of doing so are concerning.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
AGM is a solid choice. The NOCO, each bank is independent. So you can use 1, 2 or 3, at anytime. Yes charging the batteries independently is a bit more efficient.

jester44399

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I was sort of in the same "boat" before doing some upgrades. Both of my original batteries were tied to each other and only ever got to 12.3V. Came to find out my house battery was the reason why (never was getting a full charge since it was tied to my start battery). After audio upgrades I added a 100Ah Battle Born and now that I can charge each independently, my starter battery is almost always over 13v consistently. I guess it all depends on what you plan on running with your house battery. I also added a 1000w inverter so I could use my JBL Partybox 710 and the Battle Born doesnt struggle at all, even after hours of play at pretty high wattage and amps drawn. I may add another one for the trip to the Jet Boat Gathering next year just to have enough juice :) If you use two house batteries, wire them in parrallel and just connect one bank of the battery charger to one battery.

We routinely tube and tie up, so even if my Battle Born does deplete some, getting it topped off is easy while we go back out tubing

Last edited: