• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

how does your no-wake mode disengage?

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a 2015 AR240. When I engage no wake mode, it works as expected. When I throttle up using the throttle levers, and then throttle back to neutral, no-wake automatically turns off, and my rpm is at idle. If I am in no-wake mode and I pull the throttle levers into neutral, my rpm does not come down to idle; it remains at the no-wake rpm. I have to use the no-wake button take the rpm out of no-wake and back down to idle.
I am 90% sure that when my boat was new, pulling the throttle levers into neutral caused the no-wake to disengage.
Does your no-wake disengage when you shift into neutral?
Thanks

Mine is the same. Pulling back to neutral does not disengage the no wake mode.

Same here. don't like it but that's the way it is.

Same here on my 07 AR210.

Thanks guys... I guess something to improve on the next generation

Does it maintain no wake into reverse? If so, that's why it doesn't drop out in neutral. It's their built in safe docking mode b

Thanks guys... I guess something to improve on the next generation

I disagree. I like the feature and would be annoyed if it dropped at idle. If you want it to drop out either hit the button or go just above idle and it will disconnect.
Difference of opinions I guess.

I also like the high idle. I find it very easy to maneuver around the marina using TDE (thrust directional enhancement). TDE works both in FWD and REV. I do not want the high idle to drop out unless I advance the throttle beyond the TDE limit.

Mine works as everyone else has described. I have to advance the throttles or hit the buttons to shut it off. I fell it works as it should.

Either way, I appreciate such a quick response on the posting. My boat is in the shop and I questioned if the wake mode was working properly and the tech said that he would see what Yamaha said. ... but I know the answer now thanks to y'all.

It sounds like your no wake mode is working as designed. The only way to cancel No Wake Mode is to either bump the throttle (in F or R) or turn it off using the switch/s. With these jet engines, if they are running, then they are pumping water and the only thing moving the throttles from F-->N-->R does is raise and lower the reverse bucket. Thus, moving the throttle from F-->N when in No Wake Mode doesn't actually adjust the throttle, it just deflects where/how the pumped water is going once it exits the nozzle.

Like posters above, I like the fact that No Wake Mode stays on until I either throttle-up or disengage it. There are some times in the marina where it's easier to slow the boat down briefly for the errant boat that pulls out of the rental dock than actually cancel the No wake mode.

Stays engaged in forward, neutral and reverse, to the detent. only disengages if you throttle up (forward or reverse) or re-press the switches.

Back