• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

How early is early to launch your boat in a public dock (New York)

gthh

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I plan to go out this weekend being disappointed that last weekend that all of the Finger Lakes Lakes (New York) were closed due to high water levels.
There are a lot of frustrated boaters out there wanting to get out on the lake so I plan to arrive at the dock (public) as early as possible (say around 5:00) and launch at sunrise to increase my chances getting out on the lake without having to wait in line (too long of one).

Does anyone know how early I can launch or is there any restrictions regarding time in New York Parks (of course I can not get a human to answer my calls the launches). Can I leave my trailer at the park (Canadiagua Marine Park Launch)?

Also, what does everyone else do to beat the crowds.

Maybe things are different on the east coast but here in ncal if its a public ramp it is open 24 / 7 unless otherwise noted by signs at the ramp. most of the time payment is made via an envelope to a kiosk so having someone on duty is not a concern. In support of this, Consider that fisherman fish at all hours and it's not uncommon for me to see them coming home with boat in tow as I'm leaving to boat at 7a or that they are sometimes still in the water long after I leave it before the sun goes down.

Back