• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

How long is your rope???

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sorry if this has already been discussed here, but I couldn't find it.

1. What length of rope do you use to pull tubes?
2. What length of rope do you use to pull wakeboarders?
3. Do you use the same length for skiers?

Thanks!

We only tube, I have a 60' for that.. another 10' would be nice to get out of the spray. But you can just put the tube off to the side of the wake and it cuts down on the spray

I use a 60' for tubes, but there is a little spray from that since I connect to the aft tow hook. If I were to go off the tower, I'd likely add a 20' extension to that. For wake boarding, I use a 75' line and usually pull up to 15' off of it for people to do wake2wake. I have to be going pretty fast (22mph+) with 60' of line to get people to wake to wake, but any less than 50' of line and the boarder usually can't carve as hard as they want. Longer line for more novice boarders.

We tube with a 75 ft rope

I tow wake boards at different lengths

If they are just learning I use 60' to help pull them up but this puts them in jet wash its for getting up only. Once they are up I move it to 65' which is the butter spot for the wake. if you go 70' on my boat you are passed the crest of the wake and it makes for a harder crossing

Only tube with a 60'. Have a 50' bungy but hasn't been used in a long time,all 5 grandsons refused to use it because of jet spray.

1. What length of rope do you use to pull tubes? 70'
2. What length of rope do you use to pull wakeboarders? 80'
3. Do you use the same length for skiers? yes 80'

Have been extending our tube rope with 10' sections from our ski rope.
Now the tube rope is 70' and just out of the spray zone.
Unfortunately the ski rope may be kind of short now.
Oh well, see you on the lake.

I have several for different uses. The one I use for tubing is short (50'?) and fairly thick. It can take some abuse.
I have a couple of fancy wakeboard git-ups - kevlar and some such stuff...I wanna say 75' or so.
My single handle ski rope with the V bridle started out very long to keep the skier back, out of the spray - 90" or thereabouts. I've noticed that it seems to be getting shorter each year though.....do they shrink? I can adjust the length at the tower by bringing it in and changing the attachment point. My wife is a single skier, she likes the really long one. :cool:

I am at 80' for tubing, kneeboarding and beginner wake oarding. I cannot see how one can tow a tube at 60' without a ton of spray. Maybe its the combo of my 24 and the cobra fins...
A good wakeboarder asked me to shorten the rope for him. I guess he was about 5o'...

Thanks for all of the replies everyone! I took your advice and lengthened my rope for wakeboarding last night and had a much nicer ride.

I was on our tube this weekend at about 60' and took a ton of spray, so I will lengthen that next time out as well. As others here have mentioned it isn't bad as long as you keep the rider outside of the jetwash.

@Volffas were you towing from the tower or form the aft tow point?

@Volffas were you towing from the tower or form the aft tow point?

We were using the tower tow point to wakeboard.

We got a new Ronix District Park board on Monday and used it Monday night. That thing is super nice! It puts our old $150 Hydroslide to shame.

Back