• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

How long will a full battery keep my bilge pump on for?

cwoav8r

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well, this caused do to do a little surfing... I found some posts on THT where folks are having problems with the solid state pumps. Over time the pumps will come on if they sense water, but they won't shut off until you power cycle the pump. It will shut off, then when it detects water again, same thing. Now, that was back in 2010-2011, so maybe they fixed it... but if @Big Shasta 's pump is four years old... have you ever had that happen? Could be an isolated problem, or a failure to wire them correctly... who knows. I have not had it happen yet, but it has only been in a few months.

@txav8r I mounted my RM750A in the stock location as well. I did not wire the switch side, only the automatic side. I am definitely going to add a second pump, either the stock 500 I removed, or a 750 with a float switch??? I may move the 750 under the swim deck since it is the lowest point and put whatever I choose for a backup in the stock location. :confused:

cwoav8r

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Err what?

From the King website in the FAQ's:
Do the pumps have a break-in period?
Break in for 10 hours for maximum pumping

Evil Sports

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Did a power bypass float switch before I took delivery of my boat.

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Well, this caused do to do a little surfing... I found some posts on THT where folks are having problems with the solid state pumps. Over time the pumps will come on if they sense water, but they won't shut off until you power cycle the pump. It will shut off, then when it detects water again, same thing. Now, that was back in 2010-2011, so maybe they fixed it... but if @Big Shasta 's pump is four years old... have you ever had that happen? Could be an isolated problem, or a failure to wire them correctly... who knows. I have not had it happen yet, but it has only been in a few months.

@txav8r I mounted my RM750A in the stock location as well. I did not wire the switch side, only the automatic side. I am definitely going to add a second pump, either the stock 500 I removed, or a 750 with a float switch??? I may move the 750 under the swim deck since it is the lowest point and put whatever I choose for a backup in the stock location. :confused:
I've had no issues...Been perfect. I shoot for testing it monthly but in reality, it's probably every 2-3 months. Good to know, I'll keep an eye out.