• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

How to Check Engine Hours

4michael

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Have a 2020 242 SE. Changed screen due to malfunction after about 6 months. Will the new screen provide the accurate engine hours, or does it start from zero? If zero, how do I confirm total engine hours?

Purchased a used 2006 Kawasaki ftx -12f jetski in 2012. The mfd went blank right away. When replaced hours magically turned to zero. Never found a fix.
When my timing chain broke causing total engine failure on 2016 ar192 requiring new engine the hrs were not reset. So for the Yamaha I have to subtract 70 hrs for the engine. Yet the rest of the vessel the 120 hrs is accurate. Not sure if there is any legal implications resetting odometers.

Hours are stored in the ECU...they will show on the new screen.

That is a relief. Selling mine and want to be certain that I report accurate hours. They replaced the entire connect screen due to malfunction, which I believe is the whole unit computer on the 242SE.

2015 Yamaha SX190. How do I find the engine hours?

Back