• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

How to get into owning a jet boat?

FiftyYardFistFight

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I'm looking to buy my first boat this spring. I live in the Hamilton Brantford Ontario area. Anyone here have 1) an inspection list to use on my first look, 2) a mechanic to check it out if I like it, 3) know anything about the guys in Brampton/Caledon who seem to be buying and selling used Sea-Doo boats. They have some nice looking boats on trader and Kijiji at what seem like reasonable prices. Thanks!

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
1) do zero research.
2) pay asking price, unseen.
3) wait until after it's floating to start it for the first time.

In all seriousness - find a model you're interested in for whatever reason and search these boards and don't be afraid to ask questions. We've all been that first timer.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Can you give us more details as to your prior experience with boating? How about your mechanical abilities? Could you do your own Compression check? What boat vintage are you looking for?

FiftyYardFistFight

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Thanks Anmut, gold! I may make people here revisit the adage that there are no stupid questions ;)

Sure BB. I did introduce myself in another thread. I have zero boat experience beyond being on friends boats and being able to spell BOAT correctly on most occassions! I change oil and tires on my vehicles but not brakes. I may be able to do a compression check, it's been years since I've seen one done. I was thinking about a 2005-12 Seadoo Speedster 200 or Challenger with 4 stroke rotax, with or without superchargers. I'd consider other boats but there are less jetboats of other makes that are within my budget.