• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

How to locate hours used on 2018 SX195

Natemma5

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Crazy question I’m sure but how can I find hours used on my new 2018 SX195. I have searched and searched on the digital screen which shows water temp, depth, voltage but I can’t find the hours? Is there an hour gauge? Help is appreciated.

When you go through the temp, depth, etc. you will get to a selection of "more..." At that point press the two buttons together to get to the additional items such as engine hours. You may want to zero out the max speed reading which is usually set to some erroneous number from the factory. Do that by pressing/holding the right button.

Man thanks for the reply but I tried that. I went all the way through until
It displayed “m&t” and held in both buttons together. It did nothing and after a few seconds it went back to the beginning which was the fuel level. Of course this is all with the engine running. I’m at a loss.

Man thanks for the reply but I tried that. I went all the way through until
It displayed “m&t” and held in both buttons together. It did nothing and after a few seconds it went back to the beginning which was the fuel level. Of course this is all with the engine running. I’m at a loss.
At the "More" option, just push the "M&T" buttons, don't hold them.

I also tried that and nothing. It just cycles back through the fuel level, voltage, water temp, depth level and gallons used. No hours coming up at all. I feel like I’ve tried everything.

Did you confirm that the right button works (ie it also scrolls through fuel, temp, etc.)? If so, maybe have somebody else try the simultaneous press. In case they have the magic touch.

We’ve had about 10-12 lake runs since purchasing a couple months ago and feel like I’ve tried everything on 7 of those outings but no luck. Messed with it for 20 minutes last weekend until I gave up. Very odd. I posted this in hopes that someone else has gone through the same thing. I appreciate the response and will give it a go again.

If that's the case I would call Yamaha or the dealer. Maybe it's a known issue. In any case if it's not working, it should be covered under warranty.

Mine is finicky about the "more" button press timing. Sometimes I get it first try, sometimes I have to try 2-3 times. The "same time" window is very tight as well. I have to use two hands or it never works, and I have to be very deliberate about making the press at exactly the same time.

Kind of a PIA, but it's better than getting a laptop out with YDS on it.

Back